Hanging stand....

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Jonny
500 Club

Re: Hanging stand....

Unread postby Jonny » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:31 pm

Do it 8600 times on the ground with no sticks, then on one stick.

I did that this summer. First time going up with 4 sticks, making zero noise, pretty quick. I feel confident using either hand to hang it, but prefer my left cause the bow holder always grabs something on me when I step in.

Get about level with where you want the stand, take it off my back, unhook strap, lean forward, swing stand around tree, catch strap, hook on button. Lift platform, tighten strap. Keep strap perpendicular to stand otherwise my batwing hits my strap. Once that’s tight, fold seat down, keep platform up, push down hard. Good enough to hop in. Adjust tether, bear hug tree, lift platform with foot. Drops an inch, and then push platform down.

Done

You have a monkey Mr. Munson?
Arrowbender
500 Club

Unread postby Arrowbender » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:56 pm

The key for me is to have the hinge bolt in the bottom of the post tight enough so the platform will stay 10 or 20 degrees from vertical.
Then you can wrap the strap around the tree without going around the platform or wrestling with the extra weight of the open platform. Just go around the post. I also adjust the buckle during the handoff from one hand to the other so it is short. Then you can adjust it longer with the one hand to hook up to button.
I usually can hang it quite comfortably with out the use of my teeth. Lol. But never say never!
9pt
500 Club

Unread postby 9pt » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:21 pm

Hawthorne wrote:If your hanging it on your right, have your right knee up on the stick to rest your stand on. Make it so you swing the strap around and can connect it to the button on your front side. You might have to use your teeth to hold the strap has you resituate your hands.

Good tip with the knee position.

The linesman belt is a must for safety but also aides the process allowing two hands.

I always have the platform extended so I only have to reach around the post.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:23 pm

9pt wrote:
Hawthorne wrote:If your hanging it on your right, have your right knee up on the stick to rest your stand on. Make it so you swing the strap around and can connect it to the button on your front side. You might have to use your teeth to hold the strap has you resituate your hands.

Good tip with the knee position.

The linesman belt is a must for safety but also aides the process allowing two hands.

I always have the platform extended so I only have to reach around the post.

Same way I do it.
BKMississippi

Unread postby BKMississippi » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:25 pm

My Millennium has the brackets, but for the others I'll just take a bungee cord to hold it for a short time so I can get my ratchet straps around it.

Also, I always tie on my harness as soon as I get to the top. The peace of mind it gives helps me work faster yet sweat less.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”