Need advise

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Jdaukontas

Need advise

Unread postby Jdaukontas » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:29 am

Plan on sitting a bedding area tomorrow morning, with the moon overhead at 8:44. It is on a leaward ridge with corn on top. Should I sit top 1/3 where ridge drops, or corridor between corn and wood line?

hunter10
500 Club

Re: Need advise

Unread postby hunter10 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:38 am

I'd hunt the 1/3 if it is the proper wind for it. You have a better chance at catching him walking the first before hitting the bed than you normally would sitting the corn/woods transition as he could enter the woods anywhere and you only have a small window of sight to see him moving. Unless you have his preferred entry route figured out
Jdaukontas

Re: Need advise

Unread postby Jdaukontas » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:30 am

Good point. I am going to enter low. I haven't been in there since spring and last year the field was beans. I wasn't sure if it being corn this year if that would change his route. The trail is defined on the 1/3 transition until he is a hundred or so yards from his bed. I am assuming he changes his route to J hook in based specifically on the wind.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”