Rubber boots

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

OHBB24

Rubber boots

Unread postby OHBB24 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:33 am

Read an article regarding scentlok recently, author said pants don't get tucked Into boots. Logic behind was the garment will catch the odor, the carbon lining will. I wear scentlok but am not sold on it and prefer to hunt the wind even tho I do use scent control tactics. I've always tucked my pants in thinking my boots which have neoprene on top would prevent release of scent. Any thought on what works best?

OHBB24

Re: Rubber boots

Unread postby OHBB24 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:36 am

Just wondering seeing preference for guys wearing rubber boots, not necessarily for scent lok
Jonny
500 Club

Unread postby Jonny » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:46 am

I always tuck my pants into my boots. Zero idea on the scent thing behind it though. I tuck them in strictly because my pants last a lot longer, and don't get wet and cold. I also find it to be warmer for my feet, but only if you have the rear cinch on your boots to make them tight on your calves. Significantly more comfortable and warmer for me.
You have a monkey Mr. Munson?
hunter10
500 Club

Unread postby hunter10 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:23 am

I always tuck my boots in. The scent lok game is bs. I used to own it and it didn't do much for me. I have put my pants over my boots and found my feet got colder quicker on stand because my pant leg from shin down was damp or wet which soaked through to my boots and socks. Pants always tucked in now to my rubber boots

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”