Scent Control

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

brancher147
500 Club

Re: Scent Control

Unread postby brancher147 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:13 am

I do scent free and no uv brightener detergent, scent free deodorant, etc. But that is just what I prefer year round with all my clothes. Hunting the wind and thermals is the only way to be scent free. I think the no uv brighteners is more important than scent free stuff.

Some do. Some don't. I just might...
<DK>
500 Club

Unread postby <DK> » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:31 am

Tactics are more important but you have to do what makes you confident. The tactics give me confidence...
Twenty Up
500 Club

Unread postby Twenty Up » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:39 am

Not sure of your situation but I hunt South Georgia where it's hot and those long walks on public land make you work up a sweat. I couldn't imagine trying to eliminate my scent when everything I'm wearing is soaked in sweat.

Plus a lot of research indicates that a deer has a better sense of smell than dogs, the same dogs that smell drugs vacuum sealed, bombs, etc... a spray will not do anything IMO
Trust the Process~~ Lost Boys Outdoors ~~

YoutTube: https://youtube.com/channel/UC7TXknGut5WfZQ6CbddgqYg
Shadman

Unread postby Shadman » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:57 am

Great stuff guys! Thanks for the input.. It is hard to change when you have been so hard core about it for the past 15 years and have been successful in the woods. But I do want to try it out. I think I will save the scent control for weekend and primary scrape area hunts during the pre rut and just go in and enjoy the after work state land hunts and play the wind!

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”