Scaring deer off

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

kwaldeier
500 Club

Scaring deer off

Unread postby kwaldeier » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:14 pm

When you're in the stand after it's too dark to see to shoot and there's deer still in the field in front of you. How do you guys scare them off but not enough so that they actually come back again? That way they don't think human when your getting down. Coyote howl?

Boogieman1
500 Club

Re: Scaring deer off

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:49 pm

In that scenario I will call someone to drive in and get me, but that will only work once or twice. U can also retreat farther back in the woods and loop around
Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-
vtbuck
500 Club

Unread postby vtbuck » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:52 pm

If I'm hunting private I have a buddy walk in grunting and stomping so they think it's another deer.
Perfection is a dream, practice is hard work, and achieving a goal is making that goal a reality.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:28 pm

If I have deer around me after closing I will just lower my bow and that’s usually enough to spook them away without actually seeing or smelling me.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:38 pm

If its not a shooter I just get down and leave. If its a shooter I wait it out... Generally the scenario you described effects people hunting food sources more than it effects bed hunters cause they just move thru when exiting bedding, but there are plenty of scenarios where there is a food plot, apple tree, or acorns at the staging area that holds them up.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”