XOP

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Jmoore
Facebook: Jeremy Moore

XOP

Unread postby Jmoore » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:40 am

Does anyone on here run XOP mobile setups? Wondering if if they're heavier than lone wolf.... I just bought the xop sticks and they are are certainly more than ten pounds per 4...

Whitetailaddict
500 Club

Re: XOP

Unread postby Whitetailaddict » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:22 am

I have a lone wolf but i know many others have xop so maybe they can help. Both are good products and Dan is working on a new stand that sounds fantastic but we have received a lot of details yet until it gets closer to launch.
Emrah

Unread postby Emrah » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:57 am

XOP Vanish, 3 Hawk Helium sticks with rope mods, molle waist belt and shoulder straps comes in at 24 lb

Emrah
Jonny
500 Club

Unread postby Jonny » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:35 am

Xop sticks are heavier than lone wolf. They have bigger steps, bigger brackets and lock together. Every time you add something to a product, you add weight.

Stands are heavier as well. You get a cast i beam instead of a hollow tube. You also save a good amount of money.

Personally, I found it better to buy an xop set up, save $150, and turned that into an old lone wolf assault, stealth strips, bike tubes, rope, paracord, to silence the stands.

My lone wolf assault, shoulder straps, waist belt, bow holder, one silenced strap, 4 xop sticks all silenced is right around 30lbs. Swap out the assault for my xop silver, and add about 3-4lbs.

But yes, xop weighs more than lone wolf. I personally feel its a much better value. A lot easier for me to drop a couple pounds in my gut than it is to spend an extra $150 for something that does the same thing, but just looks different.
You have a monkey Mr. Munson?
Clink

Unread postby Clink » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:48 am

You'll find a lot of info on mobile XOP setups in the Equipment Board. Many guys are satisfied with the XOPs.

I find my vanish to work for what I need it and the price was right. Don't like the sticks though and opted for Heliums.
Jhand
500 Club
Facebook: n/a

Unread postby Jhand » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:50 am

Yes XOP is heavier then a LW. Sticks are a lot heavier due to the design and there stands are also heavier. I took my XOP vanish apart and compared it to my LW and every piece on the XOP was heavier.
bowfreak8
500 Club

Unread postby bowfreak8 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:57 am

I like the features on thew XOP sticks and am willing to sacrifice a few pounds for them.
Johnboy

Unread postby Johnboy » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:14 am

I am not saying do this but I cut mine down to 22 inch 2 step stick and added a two step aider which brought the weight down to around 2lbs a stick. They are a well built heavy duty stick.
MedicineMan15

Unread postby MedicineMan15 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:32 am

I really like my xop climber, although i don't use it much due to having a lw assault and sticks.

My xop sit and climb is about 20lbs with molle straps and belt.

For comparison purposes, my assault and 4 lw sticks, with stealth strips, bicycle tubing on buckles, and 2 straps for the stand comes in at 24.2lbs. I'll add a molle hip belt which should put it just under 25lbs.

I think if it feels heavy I'll add aiders to the sticks and just run 3 sticks. But so far it doesn't feel too bad.

Like Jonny said, there's one sure fire way to drop weight, and it doesn't have anything to do with equipment.
westmichigander

Unread postby westmichigander » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:17 am

Clink wrote:You'll find a lot of info on mobile XOP setups in the Equipment Board. Many guys are satisfied with the XOPs.

I find my vanish to work for what I need it and the price was right. Don't like the sticks though and opted for Heliums.

Where is the equipmemt board on here? This is the 2nd time I've heard this & maybe I'm just looking to hard.
westmichigander

Unread postby westmichigander » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:18 am

Jonny wrote:Xop sticks are heavier than lone wolf. They have bigger steps, bigger brackets and lock together. Every time you add something to a product, you add weight.

Stands are heavier as well. You get a cast i beam instead of a hollow tube. You also save a good amount of money.

Personally, I found it better to buy an xop set up, save $150, and turned that into an old lone wolf assault, stealth strips, bike tubes, rope, paracord, to silence the stands.

My lone wolf assault, shoulder straps, waist belt, bow holder, one silenced strap, 4 xop sticks all silenced is right around 30lbs. Swap out the assault for my xop silver, and add about 3-4lbs.

But yes, xop weighs more than lone wolf. I personally feel its a much better value. A lot easier for me to drop a couple pounds in my gut than it is to spend an extra $150 for something that does the same thing, but just looks different.

Are you using the bike tube to silence the metal buckles? If so, can you explain a little? Thanks!
Jonny
500 Club

Unread postby Jonny » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:03 am

Yep. Basically just cut off a section of bike tube that is a bit longer than your buckle. Slide the buckle into tubing, and trim out a hole for the tag end to slide through, and cut around the lever to alleviate the pressure on the buckle so it doesn't slip.

Other guys use kayak grips and stealth strips (I use this for my stand buckle). They all work

Here is a video showing how to use the bike tube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_22dM-YGnY

Bike tube starts at 9:45, but I would suggest watching the entire clip if you are new to mobile hang on and sticks.
Jonny
500 Club

Unread postby Jonny » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:04 am

westmichigander wrote:
Jonny wrote:Xop sticks are heavier than lone wolf. They have bigger steps, bigger brackets and lock together. Every time you add something to a product, you add weight.

Are you using the bike tube to silence the metal buckles? If so, can you explain a little? Thanks!

Forgot to quote you so you get a notification. My bad! See above post ^
Clink

Unread postby Clink » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:43 am

westmichigander wrote:
Clink wrote:You'll find a lot of info on mobile XOP setups in the Equipment Board. Many guys are satisfied with the XOPs.

Where is the equipmemt board on here? This is the 2nd time I've heard this & maybe I'm just looking to hard.

If you're reading this thread you can go to the top left and click board index.

Then scroll down to the category "Equipment" and then click the sub catgory Equipment Talk.
westmichigander

Unread postby westmichigander » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:14 am

Awesome, thanks!

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”