3 questions

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Blinginpse

3 questions

Unread postby Blinginpse » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:56 am

1. Stacking beds! Is that just specifically burning beds or manipulating places around areas that they have bedded trying make the deer use certain beds?

2. When you say the best bucks bed in the best places. What makes up the better type beds in hill country terrain? Maybe I'm missing something for how the better bucks beds set up.

3. Forgot the 3rd while Typing out first 2

seazofcheeze
500 Club

Re: 3 questions

Unread postby seazofcheeze » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:31 am

1. Burning (scenting up/disturbing) areas by either hunting them or intruding on them.

2. In my experience, level or close to level areas (at least the size of a bedded deer....(sometimes that's all the bigger they are) on sidehills, knobs, points or benches with steep slopes or drop offs below them, which gives a good vantage point, and an obstacle (e.g. downed tree, bluff, etc) and/or thick cover/brush on the backside/above the bedding area. And the 3rd element to look for is lack of human presence.
<DK>
500 Club

Re: 3 questions

Unread postby <DK> » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:41 pm

Blinginpse wrote:1. Stacking beds! Is that just specifically burning beds or manipulating places around areas that they have bedded trying make the deer use certain beds?

2. When you say the best bucks bed in the best places. What makes up the better type beds in hill country terrain? Maybe I'm missing something for how the better bucks beds set up.

3. Forgot the 3rd while Typing out first 2

:lol: :lol:

Check out this thread - http://www.thehuntingbeast.com/viewtopi ... =3&t=21010

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”