Where are my Indiana boys?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

alfsisaiah

Where are my Indiana boys?

Unread postby alfsisaiah » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:33 am

Lost my hunting partner of several years to go chase big game out west. I hunt public land in western indiana mainly. I live in central indiana. Just wanting to know if there are any folks out there that take hunting serious that are willing to share some ideas and games plan properties together. I predominately hunt by myself now but I know there must be some other people out there that grind it in Indiana. Anybody want to share some thoughts and ideas feel free to pm me. This is kind of a crazy post but it gets old not having anyone to strategize with and talk about deer hunting on a passionate level. Cant say I didnt try i guess.

cdeam

Re: Where are my Indiana boys?

Unread postby cdeam » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:51 am

I live in central Indiana. I hunt mostly southern indiana and some farm land around here. Been on state land for years.
Hawthorne
500 Club

Unread postby Hawthorne » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:31 pm

I'm from Michigan but I also hunt in northern Indiana. If I was closer I'd hook up with you. Love the potential indiana has. Good luck this season!
Nelson87
500 Club

Unread postby Nelson87 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:24 pm

I've lived in southern IN almost 3 years now. I hunt a few smaller pieces of farm land and hit some public last year. Hoping to continue to keep branching out into more public spots.
sureshotscott
500 Club

Unread postby sureshotscott » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:28 pm

Current plans have me in south Indiana for part of this season. Beautiful country.
Motivated
500 Club

Unread postby Motivated » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:09 pm

I'm on the north side of Indy and hunt public, mostly 90 mins North. I'm branching out South this year too for new public ground. Never looked at those properties out west.

I'm pretty serious about hunting, but I do have 3 children. That limits my time in the field. My hunting days over the next three months are already determined. I would be willing to talk and maybe do some postseason scouting if you would like. No worries if that is not what you're looking for.

Shoot straight.
Work hard, stay humble, be kind.
jeff315131
Facebook: jeff315131

Unread postby jeff315131 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:08 am

NC Indiana (Goshen) here I hunt public on eastern side. First year doing beast mode, plan on lots of post season scouting. Good luck to all.
HoosierG5
500 Club

Unread postby HoosierG5 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:37 am

Martinsville, IN:)
alfsisaiah

Unread postby alfsisaiah » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:01 pm

HoosierG5 wrote:Martinsville, IN:)

You hunt morgan monroe? good land down there. I may look at buying a house in martinsville. Hunting/scouting some land in brown co this weekend
alfsisaiah

Unread postby alfsisaiah » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:03 pm

Motivated wrote:I'm on the north side of Indy and hunt public, mostly 90 mins North. I'm branching out South this year too for new public ground. Never looked at those properties out west.

I'm pretty serious about hunting, but I do have 3 children. That limits my time in the field. My hunting days over the next three months are already determined. I would be willing to talk and maybe do some postseason scouting if you would like. No worries if that is not what you're looking for.

Shoot straight.

I have two kids. Time is very limited but what time i have i spend it scouting, hunting, shed hunting, predator hunting. etc. as my time becomes more and more valuable I spend most of it scouting anymore. Pm me if you want to talk about expanding your hunting areas. I have never put much weight into north but i know there are good tracts all over.
HoosierG5
500 Club

Unread postby HoosierG5 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:22 pm

alfsisaiah wrote:
Motivated wrote:I'm on the north side of Indy and hunt public, mostly 90 mins North. I'm branching out South this year too for new public ground. Never looked at those properties out west.

Shoot straight.

I have two kids. Time is very limited but what time i have i spend it scouting, hunting, shed hunting, predator hunting. etc. as my time becomes more and more valuable I spend most of it scouting anymore. Pm me if you want to talk about expanding your hunting areas. I have never put much weight into north but i know there are good tracts all over.

Same for me-kids and limited times. I rarely hunt Morgan Monroe. Some crazy stuff there not worth putting up with unless there is no alrernative.
Motivated
500 Club

Unread postby Motivated » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:41 pm

I hear yellowwood will likely have some canopy removed in the next year. Maybe something to look at in a couple of years. Never been there myself.
Work hard, stay humble, be kind.
mheichelbech
500 Club
Facebook: mheichelbech@gmail.com

Unread postby mheichelbech » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:48 pm

Live in Charlestown. I hunt a few farms and public around henryville.
"One of the chief attractions of the life of the wilderness is its rugged and stalwart democracy; there every man stands for what he actually is and can show himself to be." — Theodore Roosevelt, 1893
Killtree

Unread postby Killtree » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:22 am

I live in Sulphur Indiana. I do 95% of my hunting on public land. There is a lot of public land in my area. If anyone is planning to do some hunting close to sulphur I would be happy to point you in the right direction.
:violence-bowandarrow:
jwilkstn
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jason.wilkerson.71

Unread postby jwilkstn » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:40 am

I've been looking at southern Indiana for a possible trip next fall. The Hoosier Natl. Forest is only about a 4.5 hour drive from me in southern Tennessee, so weekend winter scouting is doable. I've looked online at several other public tracts up there, but still narrowing down the options. Any wma's you guys recommend crossing off my list? Thanks
Not all those who wander are lost...

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”