Face-to-Face w/a Timber Wolf and Something Else...

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Mario
ProStaff

Re: Face-to-Face w/a Timber Wolf and Something Else...

Unread postby Mario » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:15 am

amazing what the harmonics of animal calls can sound like when you are up close and personal. Definately not something that you hear everyday.

I would say it was probably a bobcat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QycUvNwKwFA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3E20lkIxJgY

mag1
500 Club

Unread postby mag1 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:39 am

That was interesting/scary all at the same time. I was followed out of the woods 2 yrs back by something I have no clue as to what it was. I listened to a ton of different audio feeds, and the closest thing I came up with was an Ocelot from central america. Here in the Fox valley. Don't think it was one of those, but a fox or a bob cat would possibly be a fit.

I now have a much more powerful flashlight, still no side arm though.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:51 am

That second bobcat sounds evil. That would freak anybody out hearing that in the dark. Could really put your imagination into overdrive. :shock:
peteinvermont

Unread postby peteinvermont » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:22 am

I heard that same sound while sitting in a ground blind one night, and there was snow on the ground. Even thought it was pretty dark, I could see movement coming from the same direction as the sound, and could tell it was something small. So I wiggled my hand in the snow and leaves to see if I could draw it in, and sure enough, a fox came running in, after making a downwind loop.

Here's the part I've never understood....why would that little fox be so ballsy? I was making a sound in the leaves and snow that sounded like a squirrel looking for a nut, and whatever he interpreted it as, drew him in. But when he got close, he sat on his , strait downwind from me, and growled/barked just like that until I stood up.
wolfie729
500 Club

Unread postby wolfie729 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:42 pm

Sam that sounds like an Epic adventure for sure!!! That sound is nuts I laughed so hard with what you were saying hahhahah awesome. I think I'd crap too over that wolf.
Earn what’s never given.
wolfie729
500 Club

Unread postby wolfie729 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:45 pm

Dewey wrote:That second bobcat sounds evil. That would freak anybody out hearing that in the dark. Could really put your imagination into overdrive. :shock:

You can say that again Dewey! I think if I heard that going to the stand I'd be like o ya moon phase sucks today and I have a dentist appt I dont want to miss lol
Earn what’s never given.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”