What happened to the MW Whitetail public land guys?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

James
500 Club

Re: What happened to the MW Whitetail public land guys?

Unread postby James » Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:01 am

Bummer, I like Winke and thought this brought a nice variation but enjoyed having both components to the daily and weekly stories was great.

As Winke, I can’t imagine trying to support that many salaries and keeping everyone happy. The hunting industry is tough to make a living in.

Motivated
500 Club

Unread postby Motivated » Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:13 am

Hopefully there was not a noncompete clause or other restrictions placed on them. If so, then it may be a season or so before we hear from them.

I never sat through other parts of the show. Not relatable to me. Growing deer and harvesting them seems more like farming than hunting. Or wild cattle ranching. No doubt there is some skill involved with that, but it is not what i do on public, so I'm not interested.
Work hard, stay humble, be kind.
JoeRE
500 Club

Unread postby JoeRE » Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:38 am

Yea, Aaron has told me they are starting a new show focused on public land. Good for them. Within a week or two you will see them roll out some stuff.

There were deep, fundamental differences in priorities and how they perceive what hunting is about between Bill and the public land crew and I am excited to see what the public land guys can do on their own.
Abishai

Unread postby Abishai » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:03 am

JoeRE wrote:Yea, Aaron has told me they are starting a new show focused on public land. Good for them. Within a week or two you will see them roll out some stuff.

There were deep, fundamental differences in priorities and how they perceive what hunting is about between Bill and the public land crew and I am excited to see what the public land guys can do on their own.

How do I make sure I'm tracking their new company or video locations? I've done all my following of them through MWW.
“If you consider an unsuccessful hunt to be a waste of time, then the true meaning of the chase eludes you all together.”– Fred Bear
Blinginpse

Unread postby Blinginpse » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:16 am

Good job for them. I'll pass on mww now. They was all I watched anyway
MN_DeerHunter
500 Club

Unread postby MN_DeerHunter » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:28 am

I really enjoyed the public hunting too - I think Midwest Whitetail is gonna be hurting without Aaron and Zach. I know I grew tired of watching Bill and friends hunt out of their cushy redneck blinds on top of food plots every show. I do like Bill though, I feel like he's a good down to earth guy that just happened to buy his land at a good time. Not like he's traveling from outfitter to outfitter. I think he grew up hunting public lands too if I remember right.
tgreeno
500 Club

Unread postby tgreeno » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:35 am

Blinginpse wrote:Good job for them. I'll pass on mww now. They was all I watched anyway

X2
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it an remove all doubt
JoeRE
500 Club

Unread postby JoeRE » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:36 am

Abishai wrote:
JoeRE wrote:Yea, Aaron has told me they are starting a new show focused on public land. Good for them. Within a week or two you will see them roll out some stuff.

How do I make sure I'm tracking their new company or video locations? I've done all my following of them through MWW.

I don't have any links to anything yet. But Aaron is a member on here and I am sure once they are putting together content he will post about it on here. If he doesn't, I for sure will :lol:
Blinginpse

Unread postby Blinginpse » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:45 am

JoeRE wrote:
Abishai wrote:

I don't have any links to anything yet. But Aaron is a member on here and I am sure once they are putting together content he will post about it on here. If he doesn't, I for sure will :lol:

Thanks joe
Octoberjohn

Unread postby Octoberjohn » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:53 am

I think the idea of a public land only hunting show has been around for a while and it will be good. I also think that hunting public land in Iowa is a little different than hunting public land in a lot of other places as far as quality of the deer goes. I will be looking forward to seeing what Zach and Aaron come up with for this new venture. I have nothing against Bill or the rest of the MWW staff, but the public land segment definitely kept me glued to their website last fall. With Aaron and Zach leaving I won't hesitate to check in on the website every now and them to see how the rest of them are doing.
IkemanTx
500 Club

Unread postby IkemanTx » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:19 am

Octoberjohn wrote:I think the idea of a public land only hunting show has been around for a while and it will be good. I also think that hunting public land in Iowa is a little different than hunting public land in a lot of other places as far as quality of the deer goes. I will be looking forward to seeing what Zach and Aaron come up with for this new venture. I have nothing against Bill or the rest of the MWW staff, but the public land segment definitely kept me glued to their website last fall. With Aaron and Zach leaving I won't hesitate to check in on the website every now and them to see how the rest of them are doing.

i think it has lots of potential.
Bucks big enough to get any hunter excited with the added struggles of public land we all love :-)
Go where none other dare to go, and there you'll find success.
Whitetailhunter63

Unread postby Whitetailhunter63 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:25 am

I cant wait for the new show. It would be really cool if they focus more on what goes into the hunts, pre and post season scouting etc...
DaHunter

Unread postby DaHunter » Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:32 pm

CAN'T WAIT for their new content. Pretty much the only thing I watched on MWW. They do an awesome job of explaining their strategy and get great bucks on film. Seem like normal everyday dudes that are easy to like. I like Winke as well but I can't relate to the redneck blinds and food plots.
Mibowfreak
500 Club

Unread postby Mibowfreak » Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:01 pm

Really looking forward to their new project.
cameron

Unread postby cameron » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:15 pm

Looking forward to what they put out, should be good!

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”