Opening morning horror story.

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Hawthorne
500 Club

Re: Opening morning horror story.

Unread postby Hawthorne » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:58 am

Glad you made it out ok. That guy is gonna mess with the wrong hunter one day

Jphunter
500 Club

Unread postby Jphunter » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:07 am

It sounds like your in a good spot Tennhunter. May not be the best advice but I probably wouldn't let it stop me from hunting that area.
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:26 am

Sick world out there for sure. We have nut jobs playing with nuclear weapons, schools kids getting killed, and the list goes on. We need to protect ourselves from these wackoes. The people of society are part to blame, we no longer have the courage/right to admit that some things are just not right. Alternative sexual preference is a huge example. Why on Gods green earth would we think it's ok to surgically change from a man to a woman? Yet society tries to shove this down our throats, that it's ok. I guess I'm just too old for this day and age stuff.

Another prime example a criminal endangers a cop and gets killed in the process and it's the cops fault!!!! Then violent riots start wanting the cops head for being over violent!!! How crazy is this? This is part of the reason scum bags are roaming around the county looking for people to prey upon. We should be cutting off the head of the snake and then moving on to the next snake.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:28 am

Jphunter wrote:It sounds like your in a good spot Tennhunter. May not be the best advice but I probably wouldn't let it stop me from hunting that area.

I agree you can't let the criminals dictate if you hunt or not.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
E72
500 Club

Unread postby E72 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:31 am

Arm yourselves ....always.
Tennhunter3
500 Club

Unread postby Tennhunter3 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:55 am

I notified the park rangers and they are giving the info to the county police departments.
Never give up Freedom for imagined safety.
Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:09 am

I would not feel comfortable leaving my vehicle there until the guy is caught. Carry a gun for sure.
Whitetailaddict
500 Club

Unread postby Whitetailaddict » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:54 am

That is deeply disturbing. Glad you're ok. I wouldn't go back there as I'd be too worried about him waiting in the dark by my vehicle when i came out
Clink

Unread postby Clink » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:54 am

Reminds me of running into a grow site as a kid way back in some county forest land. Too naive to know any better we checked the site out....dumb decision. Guy turns the corner from behind a big oak and starts screaming at us. He began to chase us and luckily we were able to make it back to the ATVS just in time to ride away. Scary especially as a kid to be chased by a grown man through the timber. I always wonder what would have happened without the ATVs. They luckily werent far and I think he was more suprised to see us than we were him.

I've always heard stories of folks running into druggies on public land because it's somewhere they can shoot up in private (why else theyd be back there idk). I'm not scared of animals when the woods get dark, I'm just worried about the wackos out there.
Last edited by Clink on Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Clink

Unread postby Clink » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:55 am

double
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:10 am

Clink wrote:Reminds me of running into a grow site as a kid way back in some county forest land. Too naive to know any better we checked the site out....dumb decision. Guy turns the corner from behind a big oak and starts screaming at us. He began to chase us and luckily we were able to make it back to the ATVS just in time to ride away. Scary especially as a kid to be chased by a grown man through the timber. I always wonder what would have happened without the ATVs. They luckily werent far and I think he was more suprised to see us than we were him.

I've always heard stories of folks running into druggies on public land because it's somewhere they can shoot up in private (why else theyd be back there idk). I'm not scared of animals when the woods get dark, I'm just worried about the wackos out there.

This was my first thought. Might be a guy growing pot on public land. Maybe he was one of the watch guys. Up here in Chequamegon/Nicolet National Forest there were guys from the Mexican Cartel that were doing the same. Not guys you would want to run into.

https://www.officer.com/home/news/10830 ... -marijuana
Clink

Unread postby Clink » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:57 pm

Dewey wrote:
Clink wrote:Reminds me of running into a grow site as a kid way back in some county forest land. Too naive to know any better we checked the site out....dumb decision. Guy turns the corner from behind a big oak and starts screaming at us. He began to chase us and luckily we were able to make it back to the ATVS just in time to ride away. Scary especially as a kid to be chased by a grown man through the timber. I always wonder what would have happened without the ATVs. They luckily werent far and I think he was more suprised to see us than we were him.

This was my first thought. Might be a guy growing pot on public land. Maybe he was one of the watch guys. Up here in Chequamegon/Nicolet National Forest there were guys from the Mexican Cartel that were doing the same. Not guys you would want to run into.

https://www.officer.com/home/news/10830 ... -marijuana

Oh yeah, besides hunters they don't have much to worry about back there. No one else goes off the beaten path.

I'd bet the OP ran into a guy who probably grows. Who else would be out before dark besides a hunter. :think:

He obviously didnt read the hunting paphlet right and got he wrong season dates :lol:

All in all, be safe folks. People are crazy.
ChaseTM
Facebook: Facebook.com/crewsak

Unread postby ChaseTM » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:32 pm

I'm sure glad you made it out okay. That is a scary situation!
MN_DeerHunter
500 Club

Unread postby MN_DeerHunter » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:33 pm

That is terrifying, glad you were still in your vehicle and not caught unprotected and without a way to escape...I have a pistol and conceal and carry permit but have to admit i never carry it while hunting...makes me reconsider for sure.
Tennhunter3
500 Club

Unread postby Tennhunter3 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:12 pm

It could have been several things like growing pot or making crystal somewhere or wanted to rob hunters.

Or find some drunk kids back away from mommy and daddy to hurt and take advantage of.

It was a very scary and strange place for other humans to be it was a dirt road about a mile back from any gravel road. It was a place I would've never thought many people would go.

I doubt I'll hunt off Boyd Woods Road again after this. I have plenty of decent buck bedding areas that one spots not worth possibly my life.

From now on I will be carrying a smith and Wesson 40 hunting with me. And I will never park in a spot I could be blocked in easily.
Never give up Freedom for imagined safety.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”