Bad card pull. Would anyone not report this?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

NorthStar
500 Club

Re: Bad card pull. Would anyone not report this?

Unread postby NorthStar » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:04 am

The only way to have racial equality is to treat everyone as equals. So in terms of hunting, we should all be hunting under the same rules and guidelines. We shouldn't segregate groups for any reason and we should all be treated the same.

If you poke fun at Native Americans, you are a racist and if you poke fun at white people you are a comedian. Again, we should all be treated as equals. Overcompensating for awful things that happened over a hundred years ago just creates more division.

People who are truly racist are such a small percentage of this country yet when you watch the media, they would make you believe we are all racist. Wake up people, racism sells! And the media is making a killing off of it! Almost all people are good, and almost all people are not racist. Lets start focusing on all the good people and ignore the small percentage of idiots. If we do this, the small amount of racism that exists will go away.

“The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.”
‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭12:27‬ ‭NIV‬‬
Whitetailaddict
500 Club

Unread postby Whitetailaddict » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:42 am

natvbearhntr wrote:I don't have a problem with the OP saying the guy on camera was native. I just didn't think it was right to start saying tatanka or posting kevin costner crawling around like a buffalo trying to communicate with natives in the movie. I understand there are serious problems with natives shinning and shooting in norther WI and I will discuss it with anyone that wants to talk respectfully about it. I will also answer any questions anyone has about me or my tribe and our hunting rights.

dan wrote:
natvbearhntr wrote:It was done when treaties were signed with the government. I don't necessarily agree with all the treaties between the tribes and the state but until it is changed I will follow the rule for hunting that apply to me. Just like I think any of us would.

I agree, I was a little saddened by the conclusion it was "an indian" too... I wouldn't go as far to call it racist, but would recommend people look into it a little better before assuming a certain group did it...

I have been in native territory, and hear the locals who tend to blame Natives for all there hunting problems when really its probably not. Most of the Natives I run into up around black river falls are great guys, everyone I have had problems with, threatened by, etc. Has always been white. Thats not to say there aint bad natives, but there are bad and good on both sides.

Nothing wrong with shooting your allotted deer as long as you follow your tribes laws. People spread rumors and believe you get unlimited tags and such. State laws very greatly too, and effect you more than Native laws effect us. CWD kill em all laws, stupid doe gun seasons, etc.

My advice to you, and everyone else is to think before you type. No one wants to be singled out, especially when the evidence is some guy said "its those people" Even if its a native, its a poacher, not a group or race of people... And, lets try not to be overly offended by an ignorant remark, and try to just explain and educate.

I probably should of said something when I saw the comments directed at Natives to begin with.... Not that it matters, but my great Grandmother was a Menominee. Its watered down and don't show much in me, but you could really see it in my father.

I have not reposted on here as i saw how the post was getting away from its purpose (and couldnt delete it) but i will briefly chime in since it's been revitalized. I apologize if i offended anyone and especially for stating some rumors on rights without looking them up myself which was ignorant and i know better. What natvbearhntr stated pretty much holds true for the north as well. I have not posted the pic mainly because i didn't want to re-energize this thread and because i am apparently too dumb to figure out how to do it based on the recommendations. You can in no way determine the ethnicity of the two people involved but the person on the right is definitely holding a rifle and it's at night. It was reported to authorities for their awareness. It was on public so if they are native it is legal but if they're not then it's extremely likely they're poachers. My brother has moved on to other areas as there's no point in feeling sorry about the situation. I will end by saying although legal i disagree with being able to shine and hunt at night and hunt with weapons at times when others can't on public lands (I'm fine with whatever on reservation land). I appreciate people like natvbearhntr that although can use certian means do not out of respect for the animals and understand there are many unethical hunters out there who will make everyone look bad. I think with less dnr agents and the vast wilderness in northern WI this activity is becoming easier to get away with if attempted which is sad.
bowfreak8
500 Club

Unread postby bowfreak8 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:39 am

NorthStar wrote:The only way to have racial equality is to treat everyone as equals. So in terms of hunting, we should all be hunting under the same rules and guidelines. We shouldn't segregate groups for any reason and we should all be treated the same.

If you poke fun at Native Americans, you are a racist and if you poke fun at white people you are a comedian. Again, we should all be treated as equals. Overcompensating for awful things that happened over a hundred years ago just creates more division.

People who are truly racist are such a small percentage of this country yet when you watch the media, they would make you believe we are all racist. Wake up people, racism sells! And the media is making a killing off of it! Almost all people are good, and almost all people are not racist. Lets start focusing on all the good people and ignore the small percentage of idiots. If we do this, the small amount of racism that exists will go away.

Right on the money! Politicians and Media are trying to divide us not bring us together.
dglee4

Unread postby dglee4 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:41 am

Whitetailaddict wrote:
natvbearhntr wrote:I don't have a problem with the OP saying the guy on camera was native. I just didn't think it was right to start saying tatanka or posting kevin costner crawling around like a buffalo trying to communicate with natives in the movie. I understand there are serious problems with natives shinning and shooting in norther WI and I will discuss it with anyone that wants to talk respectfully about it. I will also answer any questions anyone has about me or my tribe and our hunting rights.

dan wrote:
natvbearhntr wrote:It was done when treaties were signed with the government. I don't necessarily agree with all the treaties between the tribes and the state but until it is changed I will follow the rule for hunting that apply to me. Just like I think any of us would.

I agree, I was a little saddened by the conclusion it was "an indian" too... I wouldn't go as far to call it racist, but would recommend people look into it a little better before assuming a certain group did it...

I have been in native territory, and hear the locals who tend to blame Natives for all there hunting problems when really its probably not. Most of the Natives I run into up around black river falls are great guys, everyone I have had problems with, threatened by, etc. Has always been white. Thats not to say there aint bad natives, but there are bad and good on both sides.

Nothing wrong with shooting your allotted deer as long as you follow your tribes laws. People spread rumors and believe you get unlimited tags and such. State laws very greatly too, and effect you more than Native laws effect us. CWD kill em all laws, stupid doe gun seasons, etc.

My advice to you, and everyone else is to think before you type. No one wants to be singled out, especially when the evidence is some guy said "its those people" Even if its a native, its a poacher, not a group or race of people... And, lets try not to be overly offended by an ignorant remark, and try to just explain and educate.

I probably should of said something when I saw the comments directed at Natives to begin with.... Not that it matters, but my great Grandmother was a Menominee. Its watered down and don't show much in me, but you could really see it in my father.

I have not reposted on here as i saw how the post was getting away from its purpose (and couldnt delete it) but i will briefly chime in since it's been revitalized. I apologize if i offended anyone and especially for stating some rumors on rights without looking them up myself which was ignorant and i know better. What natvbearhntr stated pretty much holds true for the north as well. I have not posted the pic mainly because i didn't want to re-energize this thread and because i am apparently too dumb to figure out how to do it based on the recommendations. You can in no way determine the ethnicity of the two people involved but the person on the right is definitely holding a rifle and it's at night. It was reported to authorities for their awareness. It was on public so if they are native it is legal but if they're not then it's extremely likely they're poachers. My brother has moved on to other areas as there's no point in feeling sorry about the situation. I will end by saying although legal i disagree with being able to shine and hunt at night and hunt with weapons at times when others can't on public lands (I'm fine with whatever on reservation land). I appreciate people like natvbearhntr that although can use certian means do not out of respect for the animals and understand there are many unethical hunters out there who will make everyone look bad. I think with less dnr agents and the vast wilderness in northern WI this activity is becoming easier to get away with if attempted which is sad.

Whitetail addict what county does your brother hunt in? Only reason i ask is i hunt in northern WI, been chasing a 10 with short brows for 3 years now and we have had some problem with people poaching here.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”