Wind thermals/current

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Alexw241105
Facebook: Alex Welch

Wind thermals/current

Unread postby Alexw241105 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:02 pm

Over the summer I planted some clover on top of this ridge not exactly to hunt over but give the deer another reason to come thru my property. Once the clover was planted and set out some trail cameras on the edges of the plot and on A apple tree in the plot and got 2 mature bucks coming in on regular basis. When it's a north wind the bucks enter somewhere on the south side of the plot. And when it's a south wind they enter from the northwest side of the plot. I know that by the season opener (sept 30th here in Ohio) their pattern is most likely going to change to acorns that are dropping but if I were to hunt this plot at some point in the season or the surrounding area of it where would you set up and what wind? I'm newer to wind in the hills and I'm in the process of understanding it a little more every time but I'm not exactly sure how the wind would be in the plot itself. Im assuming the wind will swirl quite a bit in that plot so the best bet is to hunt the surrounding area but any advice would be appreciated!

Alexw241105
Facebook: Alex Welch

Re: Wind thermals/current

Unread postby Alexw241105 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:14 pm

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”