Limited time

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

JSnake

Re: Limited time

Unread postby JSnake » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:28 am

Last weekend was the opener in Georgia and the weather was unseasonably cool and clear. Of course, I didn't get a chance to hit the woods at all and then Irma made this week a bit of nightmare. Hoping to get a couple sits in this weekend :dance:

Wlog
500 Club

Unread postby Wlog » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:08 am

john1984 wrote:
Wlog wrote:We're nearly two weeks into bow season in my neck of the woods and I've been in a tree twice. So many other commitments are making it hard as ever to hunt. Going to have to make some smart choices when I do get a free day.
It's going to be more important than ever to make the most of my available time. The window is already closing on some of the spots I wanted to hit in the first few weeks of the season. I'm going to need the stars to align to get a mature buck on the ground. Fingers crossed!

No complaining, no whoa is me. It is what it is I'm not going to sweat it. Lucky to live in a country where I can still do this and be healthy enough to do it.

Didn't you say in another thread you recently gained permission on some great private very close to your home? ????

That should help ya a little. Good luck

Yes that's part of the problem haha. I get to drive by it all the time wishing I was in there hunting. :lol:
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.
Wlog
500 Club

Unread postby Wlog » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:10 am

Lockdown wrote:I hear you man. I keep thinking about the freedom I had in my 20's when I was single. I hunted a ton and wish I had went more :lol:

Yup. Was a lean mean killing machine until I became married with children. 8-)
Wlog
500 Club

Unread postby Wlog » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:12 am

Bigburner wrote:
Wlog wrote:We're nearly two weeks into bow season in my neck of the woods and I've been in a tree twice. So many other commitments are making it hard as ever to hunt. Going to have to make some smart choices when I do get a free day.
It's going to be more important than ever to make the most of my available time. The window is already closing on some of the spots I wanted to hit in the first few weeks of the season. I'm going to need the stars to align to get a mature buck on the ground. Fingers crossed!

No complaining, no whoa is me. It is what it is I'm not going to sweat it. Lucky to live in a country where I can still do this and be healthy enough to do it.

I know you and me were talking about this stuff last week.
With both my girls in sports being done at the same time every day at different schools pretty much shoots my weekday hunts in the rear. I got lucky for tonight but Saturdays are about it for me until November. I never hunted on the weekends much before and had plenty of time during the week. I thought last years was bad for time. this year is going to be brutal. I'm really banking off of history this season and a few new places I picked up scouting this year and hoping I get the wind to put them to work. All those places I wanted to get to early season with an ok acorn crop this year are hanging over my head. Haven't had a good crop in three years and I know spots are lighting up hard. Finding scrapes near bedding all over the place and lots of sign around food sources is killing m not being able to get on them but so it goes. Cant do much about other than hunt when I can hunt and feel confident that things will work out.

You know how I know neither one of us have enough free time; we've been talking about getting together to scout for about 3 years now and it hasn't happened yet.
Wlog
500 Club

Unread postby Wlog » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:16 am

Boogieman1 wrote:If it makes u feel any better I haven't got to go at all, my season doesn't open for almost another month! I'm not much of a early season hunter, between this dang heat and blood suckin mesquitos it drains a lot of the joy out of it for me. I probably will go a handful of times this October and fill my doe tags. As of yet I haven't seen anything to give me a reason to move in on. Past years of hunting everyday of the season has taught me one thing, keep those women at the house happy. It's hard to kiss the lips at night that chew your but all day long. Come November-December I hit it pretty hard so I plan on stock piling some brownie points.

Happy wife happy life! Yeah I know all about that. Have to keep them happy or you won't have one anymore. Pretty sure my wife thinks I can't survive without her telling me what I'm doing wrong all the time! :lol:
Last edited by stash59 on Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed masked vulgarity.
Bigburner

Unread postby Bigburner » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:38 am

Wlog wrote:
Bigburner wrote:

I know you and me were talking about this stuff last week.
With both my girls in sports being done at the same time every day at different schools pretty much shoots my weekday hunts in the rear. I got lucky for tonight but Saturdays are about it for me until November. I never hunted on the weekends much before and had plenty of time during the week. I thought last years was bad for time. this year is going to be brutal. I'm really banking off of history this season and a few new places I picked up scouting this year and hoping I get the wind to put them to work. All those places I wanted to get to early season with an ok acorn crop this year are hanging over my head. Haven't had a good crop in three years and I know spots are lighting up hard. Finding scrapes near bedding all over the place and lots of sign around food sources is killing m not being able to get on them but so it goes. Cant do much about other than hunt when I can hunt and feel confident that things will work out.

You know how I know neither one of us have enough free time; we've been talking about getting together to scout for about 3 years now and it hasn't happened yet.

Hahahahahaha!
Montani Semper Liberi
Instagram @formationoutdoors
Emrah

Unread postby Emrah » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:10 am

I just posted this response in another thread but I'll copy and paste it here:

I travel a lot for work (week to ten days at a time, a couple of times per month sometimes) which leaves my wife to be a single parent to a 5 year old. I squeeze in a few days here and there. In fact we were in front of the calendar last night planning out fall through Christmas. I might have one or two "true" bow hunting sits (get in early afternoon, sit through evening).

I'll get one or two days for rifle season, one day for muzzleloader season, and one or two mornings waterfowl with my buddy.

Good thing is I small game hunt with my bow like crazy just 5 minutes from work, so I can try and whack squirrels all the way through the end of February.

Emrah
wmihunter

Unread postby wmihunter » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:40 pm

I have 5 kids and our youngest is 8 months. It's hard to find a quiet 10 minutes to dig the bow out a fling a few arrows. Got my broadheads tubes tonight. Less time every year but it's all good.
Corylewis

Unread postby Corylewis » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:39 pm

I got into bowhunting one year before I had a kid...really wish I would have gotten into it sooner but oh well. I have been taking my wife and kiddo "hiking" a lot. I've found it's a great way to scout and the added benefit of with a two year old on my back and a pregnant wife no one suspects me of being a hunter doing some scouting!!!

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”