Farm Country Bedding Example

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

SD_Bowhunter

Farm Country Bedding Example

Unread postby SD_Bowhunter » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:00 am

I have really started to get the hang of beast style scouting this fall. No better feeling than finding a bed right where you think they will be. The shelter belt I hunt does not seem to consistently have bucks bedding in the actual shelter belts. The area circled seemed like a great place for a buck bed that I have overlooked for years.

The circled area is approximately 30-40 ft higher in elevation than the bean field to the north. There is a nice little bench about 5 yards into the brush patch. I found 3 beds in within 15 yards of each other. One was worn all the way down to the dirt. The trees surrounding these beds did not have any rubs on them, but I believe that is because the trees have lots of sharp thorns on them. With the corn to their south and a big cattail slough to the west of the bean field it gives them a quick escape into the corn if they see any danger to the North and can get into the cattails pretty quick if they smell something from the south.

The second picture gives you some reference of how this area fits into the surrounding landscape. I believe the bucks are bedding here early and maybe even during the rut. During the rut I think they might bed here early in the AM or PM and then follow the waterway south to the shelter belt area to check for does.

SD_Bowhunter

Re: Farm Country Bedding Example

Unread postby SD_Bowhunter » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:48 am

Anyone know how to get around the 3rd party hosting issue to post more pics?
tbunao
500 Club

Unread postby tbunao » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:51 am

Postimage.com or if you go to the board index there is a beast photo gallery
Last edited by tbunao on Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jeff G
500 Club

Unread postby Jeff G » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:51 am

post images in the hunting beast photo gallery on the board index.
Maianwatahe

Unread postby Maianwatahe » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:04 am

SD_Bowhunter wrote:Anyone know how to get around the 3rd party hosting issue to post more pics?

www.imgur.com is a quick easy place to host images
SD_Bowhunter

Unread postby SD_Bowhunter » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:11 am

Okay got a new account for posting images. Here are the beds that I found. When I sat down in the beds I definitely see why bucks would like to bed here. They can see forever and no one ever bothers them here.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”