Turkey tactics for dropping bucks?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Arkansan1

Turkey tactics for dropping bucks?

Unread postby Arkansan1 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:14 am

Just had a crazy off the wall tactic come to me while thinking about the thread dealing with thermal hubs.
So its a common thing to set up below the crest of a hill calling to a bird, you are out of line of sight. You can hear him coming in the leaves and When he pops his head over the crest you shoot.. the bird simply has no chance of seeing you.

We all know that bucks tolerate noise if they pick up no scent or sight.

Whose to say a man could not be in position waiting for thermal drop wrap around just out of sight to the side/ below the crest of a hill and give a few soft grunts. During the right time of year I'm saying being that close to a bucks bedroom he is going to come check it out..

When u hear foot steps in the leaves you draw.. when he appears over sight barrier/or parallels hill you shoot.. minimal movement.

obviously this could work way better with gun or muzzle but I think in the right situation it could be done.
What say you??

Redman232

Re: Turkey tactics for dropping bucks?

Unread postby Redman232 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:06 am

Fairly similar to a couple of the setups you see used on the Whitetail Adrenaline DVDs.
Arkansan1

Re: Turkey tactics for dropping bucks?

Unread postby Arkansan1 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:21 pm

Anyone else have any input on this??

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”