What are you doing this time of year?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

headgear
500 Club

Re: What are you doing this time of year?

Unread postby headgear » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:32 am

I am basically in a holding pattern until spring scouting. I will get out and ice fish once in a while, take care of a few indoor house projects, and take in a hockey game or two when I get time. Also a good time to spend extra time with the fam and kiss the wife's but after a long hunting season.

Hodag Hunter
500 Club

Unread postby Hodag Hunter » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:42 am

I do get out from time to time in the woods maybe once or twice a month, but most time is spent ice fishing. Won't hit the woods hard-core until ice is unsafe.

It's nice to relax on the ice and catch a few fish. Kids get a charge out, make it a family day.
Schultzy
500 Club

Unread postby Schultzy » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:48 am

I've been out 3 times since the close of the season here doing some shed hunting and checking/placing trail cams. I pulled the trail cams last week because I'm sick and tired of walking through 3 feet of snow. Haven't found a shed yet either. One of the farmers that I pick up milk at has a 30 to 40 acre oak woods. I plan on asking him If he'd mind If I did some deer hunting there this up coming season.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”