Use AI To Hunt Smarter (AI=Artificial Intelligence)

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Jonny
500 Club

Re: Use AI To Hunt Smarter (AI=Artificial Intelligence)

Unread postby Jonny » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:10 am

JoeRE wrote:
hunter_mike wrote:
Jonny wrote:
hunter_mike wrote:Never heard of bluebeam. Is that free software?

If you are in college it is. It just got really popular at my school so you might have missed it when you were in college.

Just looked now and it's a couple hundred bucks to get it. Although maybe you could talk your boss into getting it for work? :lol:

Geeze, i am start to feel like "an old guy" for the first time :lol: I did watch a youtube video about it, not sure if i am missing out on something big or not.

Ding ding ding we have a winner :lol:

I'm not sure that its a really big deal but it is pretty useful for marking maps up and notes.

Jonny I work for a civil engineering firm. If that's you and you are serious ping me when you get close to graduating. Good engineers are in short supply just about everywhere. There are more than enough bad ones though :lol:

For hunting it's not a big deal but I have it, use it enough in class to know what I'm doing and it makes life a bit easier for me. Wouldn't ever pay for it though.

And joe I'm 2 years away from graduating so I'll get a hold of you in about a year when I start looking for jobs. Just need to get my girlfriend on board to move to Iowa :lol:

You have a monkey Mr. Munson?
JoeRE
500 Club

Unread postby JoeRE » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:38 am

Jonny wrote:
For hunting it's not a big deal but I have it, use it enough in class to know what I'm doing and it makes life a bit easier for me. Wouldn't ever pay for it though.

And joe I'm 2 years away from graduating so I'll get a hold of you in about a year when I start looking for jobs. Just need to get my girlfriend on board to move to Iowa :lol:

WHAT??? SHE DOESN'T WANT TO COME TO IOWA AND SHOOT A HUGE BUCK???? :lol:

Maybe us beasts do have a problem :lol:
Jonny
500 Club

Unread postby Jonny » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:40 am

JoeRE wrote:
Jonny wrote:

WHAT??? SHE DOESN'T WANT TO COME TO IOWA AND SHOOT A HUGE BUCK???? :lol:

Maybe us beasts do have a problem :lol:

Just a problem nobody else understands :lol:
You have a monkey Mr. Munson?
hunter_mike

Unread postby hunter_mike » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:17 am

:lol:
“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
grydsrt

Unread postby grydsrt » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:48 am

Yeah I'm a History/German major with a law degree and I hunt totally closed-to-the-public military bases in major Midwestern trophy producing areas so that's my "cheat" I suppose?

What about using a big data program like Palantir to predict deer activity? Like the hunting beasts et all chip in to purchase and then we all enter data from our regions then we can benefit from its predictions?

Pretty much joking, simply trying to spark some discussion undergrad Prof. style. Would it work?
grydsrt

Unread postby grydsrt » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:41 pm

Because I don't want to be stingy with military areas open to hunting, if you meet any of the seven (7) following criteria (proven by PM'ing me your Squad Leader's, Team Sergeant's, PSG's, etc. AKO contact info so that I may email as well as call them to confirm status) I will fill you in:

1. You, at present, serve as a tabbed 11-series in the line with 1/75, 2/75, 3/75 RRGT or in Sniper Section, Scouts, etc., or tabbed USAF personnel serving with one of those three companies, or Recce,
2. You currently serve as an 18-series, anywhere;
3. USAF personnel serving with ARSOF, anywhere;
4. At present you carry a "T" identifier;
5. You were medically retired while serving with any of the above,
6. You plain ol' retired while serving with any of the above,
7. Dan+a cameraman have an open invitation to come as my guest (Dan, I don't need your boss's info, you're good).

Too easy.
grydsrt

Unread postby grydsrt » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:43 pm

8. Anyone serving in ARTB in a leadership/instructor role.
grydsrt

Unread postby grydsrt » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:03 pm

For everyone else, Ft. Riley, KS is the only place I have ever driven my truck up on a double drop time buck eating flowers from the cracks in an asphalt road in the training area.

He was in an area open to hunting, during early muzzloader season, and I was on my way to go hunting with my sidelock, cased in the locked part of my camper shell as per post regulations.

I crested a rise on my way to where I planned to hunt for the day and double drop tine and I saw each other for the first time at an estimated range of 25 yds. I could only watch in awe as he ran at panic flight mode across approximately 300 yards of ankle high open prairie before he reached a tiny wooded drainage. The entire time he ran, he was in a closed-for-the-day section of the training area.

I will even give you a hint of where this occurred as it was immediately adjacent to what rhymes with "multi purpose range."

In addition, I have run across some of the most massive rubs and scrapes while out training in the section of post immediately adjacent to the Manhattan airport runway.

Bonus you can listen to elk bugling during the early bow season.

Best of all it's open to the pubic.
grydsrt

Unread postby grydsrt » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:13 am

How could Palantir be used by hunters to hunt more effectively?
grydsrt

Unread postby grydsrt » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:00 am

Weirdly enough I have not received a single PM from any military members re this post. Honestly, it seems like even to save my life I cannot get anyone to go hunting with me on either my stellar military properties or anywhere else for that matter. Must make me a "Lone Wolf" by default.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”