Ski lift access

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

tbunao
500 Club

Ski lift access

Unread postby tbunao » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:29 pm

Just curiosity here, has anyone ever attempted to gain access to hunt a ski resort? Big steep hills, perfect military crests, little to no human intrusion until late fall?

This weekend I was at a 3D fun shoot on a ski resort. There were 4 different courses and an overall awesome time. While riding up on the ski lift I couldn't help myself and had to pull up OnXmaps. I quickly noticed that I would be whithin a quick hike to a few areas that looked like it would hold a bed. While walking the courses I notice some solid deer trails here and there along with the occasional buck rub and even a scrape or two. When I finally walked a course that came below a perfect military crest for a south wind bed I made my departure. Tracks coming from below and trail leading out of this gem

After finding it I began to think, this place only gets disturbed once during the summer and as of late our winters had been horrible. Sounds like a good quiet spot for a buck to make his home until it's time to chase some tail.

WV Bowhunter
500 Club

Re: Ski lift access

Unread postby WV Bowhunter » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:33 pm

I would guess it would be dynamite hunting if you could get permission.
Luck is when preparation meets opportunity!!
Dewey

Re: Ski lift access

Unread postby Dewey » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:01 pm

Ride the ski lift up and throw your deer on for the ride down. :think:

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”