Uber drivers needed!

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Bonecrusher101
500 Club

Uber drivers needed!

Unread postby Bonecrusher101 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:12 am

Anybody consider using an uber driver for deer hunting? It could be the easy way to get dropped off where u need to be. I think the fare is very reasonable. If you kept your bow in the case and gave your driver a heads up, I think it's very doable.

I want to put my canoe in a river early one morning and hunt along the river all day. My plan is leave my gear and hopefully my deer in the canoe, bike lock my canoe to a tree and pop out of a ditch and catch an uber back to my truck at the put in after dark. My buddy drives for uber and told me it would be totally doable considering the hours. At 6 or 7pm is prime time for uber drivers. From what I've heard it's only going to cost me $8-12 dollars. I'd rather pay that than have to wait on friends or family for a ride.

Uber might not be an option at 3 am or early morning. It also might not be an option in rural areas, but near town for an afternoon hunt it would totally work for a drop off and pick up.

Is this a crazy idea? Any thoughts or advice welcomed!

Be original and Enjoy every step along the adventure.
Jackson Marsh

Re: Uber drivers needed!

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:24 am

I could really use an "Uber dragger" and I would gladly pay the $12 bucks :lol:

That sounds like it would work well if uber has drivers available in your area.

Pick up: intersection of county road A and 66. Camouflaged man with bow, stand and wet from the waist down.
Bonecrusher101
500 Club

Unread postby Bonecrusher101 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:41 am

Jackson Marsh wrote:I could really use an "Uber dragger" and I would gladly pay the $12 bucks :lol:

Pick up: intersection of county road A and 66. Camouflaged man with bow, stand and wet from the waist down.

I like this because it's about how it would turn out. But the drivers are out with the intent to earn money. If you found the right driver, I would definitely mention that you need a hand with a bit of manual labor. Even If he didn't want to be an uber dragger, he might know somebody that's willing to earn some cash.
PK_
500 Club

Unread postby PK_ » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:45 am

I have thought about the river float idea and my solution was a street and trail dropped off and locked at the end.

I think uber could work.
No Shortcuts. No Excuses. No Regrets.
Everybody's selling dreams. I'm too cheap to buy one.
Rich M wrote:Typically, hunting FL has been like getting a root canal
Hawthorne
500 Club

Unread postby Hawthorne » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:58 am

Interesting idea
Bonecrusher101
500 Club

Unread postby Bonecrusher101 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:15 pm

Hawthorne wrote:Interesting idea

Thanks I think it's a great option in certain situations
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:14 pm

Instead of a uber driver, I go to a pizza joint make a order for delivery and ride with the pizza! Eat on the way :D
Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-
Divergent
500 Club

Unread postby Divergent » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:57 pm

Jackson Marsh wrote:I could really use an "Uber dragger" and I would gladly pay the $12 bucks :lol:

:lol: If only it were that easy.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:58 pm

Don't think the Uber driving would appreciate me getting in his car covered head to toe with marsh muck and smelling like a Yeti.
Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:01 pm

Dewey wrote:Don't think the Uber driving would appreciate me getting in his car covered head to toe with marsh muck and smelling like a Yeti.

Especially with the crazed eyes of a marsh hunter that just cheated death :lol:
mauser06
500 Club

Unread postby mauser06 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:06 pm

The Amish are already ahead of you! Lol. They typically pile in large white vans around here.

Funny thing I noticed is the driver remains with the van. Not sure of the ones I've seen don't hunt or they don't let him partake in the hunt or what...
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:11 pm

mauser06 wrote:The Amish are already ahead of you! Lol. They typically pile in large white vans around here.

Funny thing I noticed is the driver remains with the van. Not sure of the ones I've seen don't hunt or they don't let him partake in the hunt or what...

Defeats the purpose of being Amish. :lol:

I once saw an Amish guy talking on a cell phone. Couldn't believe what I was seeing and then a guy told me they will use one if you borrow it to them but they will never pay for one themselves. Sounds pretty messed up to me. :?
mauser06
500 Club

Unread postby mauser06 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:22 pm

I see them regularly with cell phones and in the gas station buying stuff that I would imagine is frowned upon.

I did see a group of like a dozen young Amish guys hunting one day. Those guys did more work than most any hunter. I watched them drag the 3 buck they shot up an incredibly steep and long mountain side. They went into a ridge I wanted to hunt but couldn't come up with a good plan of what to do if I do shoot one over there...it's an honest 2-3 miles and that hill is unavoidable.

Alone and not setup to pack a deer out, I couldn't hunt it. Could drag out the bottom but it's several miles....then gotta go several miles up the road to get the truck. I've done it fishing. It's nearly dark to dark in the summer time for me to fish it and hike out and get the truck and I fish right around a mile per hour...

They rode horse n buggy and tied the horses in the woods.
Dan T

Unread postby Dan T » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:53 am

I've found the new fat tire E-bikes to be an incredibly valuable asset. There are hundreds of miles of rivers, streams and dirty roads closed to traditional motor vehicle traffic an OHV's. It's great for traveling those dirt roads into gods country and for doing self shuttles back to your vehicle when floating river or streams in the drift boat or canoe. They'll go 20miles easy on medium to average terrain, and even further when using the petal assist. Rigged up a slick dolly for the canoe too. No doubt it will pay for itself in a season or two depending.
brancher147
500 Club

Unread postby brancher147 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:59 am

Good idea on the uber driver. Not for me as I am sure people in my rural county have never heard of an uber driver.

Wonder how an uber driver would feel about a backpack full of venison and a caped out deer head in the vehicle?
Some do. Some don't. I just might...

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”