scouting on limited time

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Buckbreath

scouting on limited time

Unread postby Buckbreath » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:03 am

So I have aerial photos and topos of the areas I want to hunt. My in the field scouting time is going to have to be minimal. I have identified on the maps likely bedding areas. Obviously I will check those spots out and look for a setup as close as possible to a bed without spooking a buck but what else am I looking for? If I hunt near the rut should I be off the bed towards doe bedding or feeding areas? Thanks for any help. My first year beasting.

bowfreak8
500 Club

Re: scouting on limited time

Unread postby bowfreak8 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:11 am

I prefer the timber near doe bedding. Though does can definitely drag a buck with them on their way to food.
Kraftd
500 Club

Unread postby Kraftd » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:54 am

Lots of great old threads on here for this kind of info. Best bet is to essentially in-season scout with a stand on your back targeting the areas you have identified in your cyber scouting and set-up when the sign tells you to. This can mean lots of different things situationally. I'd recommend digging deep into some of the threads pinned at the top of the ages and at some of the older tactical discussions here. Soak it all in, TONS of great info to be had.
tgreeno
500 Club

Unread postby tgreeno » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:14 pm

This thread has all the best tactical threads compiled in one area. Many different topics. There is an unlimited wealth of information!

I typically re-read all these threads prior to every season. Helps me re-remember things I've forgot!

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=24471
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it an remove all doubt
hunter10
500 Club

Unread postby hunter10 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:21 am

Do a search at top of page. Many different threads related to this. When I first started the beast methods I figured posting a thread to my exact hunting scenario would give me an exact answer I needed. Every hunt is different and although some old threads may not answer everything black and white, it will help you if you can read between the lines. Goodluck, there are lots of hidden gems on the forum

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”