Dan making stands and sticks?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

mheichelbech
500 Club
Facebook: mheichelbech@gmail.com

Re: Dan making stands and sticks?

Unread postby mheichelbech » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:58 am

Assault length is (26 inches I think) would be worth the sacrifice at that length....2-3 more inches would be really sweet.

One of the mysteries to me in treestand building is platform size to weight variables. For example, a 29 inch long by 19 inch wide stand versus a 26 inch by 20 inch stand...

"One of the chief attractions of the life of the wilderness is its rugged and stalwart democracy; there every man stands for what he actually is and can show himself to be." — Theodore Roosevelt, 1893
exojam

Unread postby exojam » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:22 am

Dan,

Once you finish up on that stand see if you have any para hunters around that can help you develop an affordable stand for para's and people that have trouble climbing other types of stands.
E72
500 Club

Unread postby E72 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:54 am

dan wrote:Just weighed the latest proto-type stand ... 7.45 pounds :D

:banana-wrench: :text-thankyouyellow:
Brad

Unread postby Brad » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:35 am

Well I guess I will be waiting before buying a new stand. I will pay whatever it takes to get under 8 lbs, and if the sticks are lighter I'll be buying those too!
tgreeno
500 Club

Unread postby tgreeno » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:31 am

Brad wrote:Well I guess I will be waiting before buying a new stand. I will pay whatever it takes to get under 8 lbs, and if the sticks are lighter I'll be buying those too!

I'm right there with you Brad!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it an remove all doubt
BamaLonewolf24!

Unread postby BamaLonewolf24! » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:50 am

I bought my assault last year and paid 239 from lone wolf. So ur stand is going to be double that ? So the stand will be around 500? Not sure if I read that right some please help.
BamaLonewolf24!

Unread postby BamaLonewolf24! » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:53 am

I'll pay 500 tho lol.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:20 am

Looking at the process and material costs, and keeping it in the USA and not having the connections a company Lonewolfs size has, It will likely be over $600. We have not priced materials and quoted manufacturing yet though... So that is a guess based on my knowledge of the parts and manufacturing processes. It certainly won't be for everyone. Its going to be the best, and its going to be as light as possible. Its being built for the mobile guy. probably a one in a lifetime purchase. Some guys pay $1500 every 3 to 5 years to buy a bow they can depend on, this will be a stand and sticks the mobile guy can depend on. Built for the best hunters, by a an "ok" hunter ;)

One thing Andrae taught me when working with him on Lone Wolf, don't build something to sell, build something to fix the issues your having. He would not market or even consider a product that did not fit his style of hunting... I built this stand for me, and now Im going to offer it to other like minded hunters. Just like Andrea, Im sure many will give me suggestions on making it cheaper, or for purposes I did not intend, and although Im open minded, will still focus on my goals. If you can't afford it, don't buy it.

I think I deal with an elite group of the best hardcore hunters across the country who won't blink at paying a high price for a high quality lifetime lasting piece of equipment that will solve many of there issues. With that said, getting this thing ready for market is no easy task. Its testing my sanity and mine and Mario's pocket books. Its not easy building stands just to destroy for testing and its not easy hitting just what you can and can't get away with. So be patient. I should be able to show you some of my progress soon.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:49 am

Stand and sticks together will weigh only a few pounds more than a LW Alpha alone. Basically like packing an Alpha and one stick. That would be huge. As I get older less weight gets more important every year. I will gladly pay $600 for a Beast stand. 8-)
Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:35 am

Looking forward to this stand and sticks!
stash59

Unread postby stash59 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:41 am

Pretty cool. Good luck Dan and Mario!!!
Happiness is a large gutpile!!!!!!!
WV Bowhunter
500 Club

Unread postby WV Bowhunter » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:44 am

Be neat if the new stands came already wrapped in stealth strips.
Luck is when preparation meets opportunity!!
stash59

Unread postby stash59 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:49 am

WV Bowhunter wrote:Be neat if the new stands came already wrapped in stealth strips.

:handgestures-thumbup:
Happiness is a large gutpile!!!!!!!
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:45 am

You say you made it for yourself and to fix your issues with current stands. What issues will this stand be addressing?

I can give you that list after the patent is submitted. ;)
elk yinzer
500 Club

Unread postby elk yinzer » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:22 pm

timberwolf311 wrote:You say you made it for yourself and to fix your issues with current stands. What issues will this stand be addressing?

I have absolutely zero inside info, but my issue with current production stands is not weight, it is bulk and inefficiency. Some are moving that direction but I guess we can thank the lawyers for the snails pace innovation. If everything nests together nicely I may finally become a hang-on convert.
Treasurer, United Bowhunters of PA
https://ubofpa.org/membership-3

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”