Lighted Nocks?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

BA-IV

Lighted Nocks?

Unread postby BA-IV » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:04 pm

Do you use em, and if you don't, Why not?

PAbowhunter

Re: Lighted Nocks?

Unread postby PAbowhunter » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:31 pm

I have and liked them, but don't use them anymore. I switched between a few brands and they all seemed ok but seemed like always something. One would work a little better but was heavier so would have to sight in again or shoot them all the time. Another one wasn't so reliable, Just gave them up. They are great when they work properly, for me just not worth the money or the trouble
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:34 pm

I have used Nocturnals for about 5 years now and they work great. Zero issues.
Whitetailaddict
500 Club

Unread postby Whitetailaddict » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:36 pm

I'm also using nockturnals this year and so far no issues. They can be a little tricky to turn off though.
Tennhunter3
500 Club

Unread postby Tennhunter3 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:37 pm

I'll find out bought a lumenock for this year.
Never give up Freedom for imagined safety.
MDSikajunkie

Unread postby MDSikajunkie » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:38 pm

Use em on my compound setup. Nufletch ignitors. They have always lit no issues. The biggest complaint with some is the weight at the back of the arrow and causing tuning problems. But I shoot high FOC and it's never been a problem. I tuned with them installed and I just remove the batteries while practicing. Hits about an inch high that way but I can't shoot the x at all distances anyway.
SidewayZ
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SidewayZ32

Unread postby SidewayZ » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:44 pm

I am new to Nocturnal Knocs but I really like them. It takes some time to learn to turn it off (I murdered one lol) but once you figure it out, its easy.

I also like the performance on the arrow, not an upgrade from standard knocs, but not a downgrade either.

I also like shooting them, I think the brighter light help me to keep pin on target and shoot tighter groups as well. The light just seems to steady my shot.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-SidewayZ-

I'm not scared to fail, I just fear regret!
tgreeno
500 Club

Unread postby tgreeno » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:07 pm

Have never used them. I thought about trying them once and never did. ;)

I have never had an issue seeing where my arrow hits without them.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it an remove all doubt
minnesotahunter
Facebook: No Facebook

Unread postby minnesotahunter » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:16 pm

I've used lumenocs and nockturnals and really liked both. No complaints here.
"If you consider an unsuccessful hunt to be a waste of time, then the true meaning of the chase eludes you all together"
csoult
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/The-Open-Air-P ... 137422734/

Unread postby csoult » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:24 am

Used Nockturnal the last couple years and they've worked great. They have allowed me to not only see where the arrow is going better, but also find the arrow afterwards much easier. This year I'm switching to the Luminock HD because I switched arrows in the off-season and needed to buy new nocks anyway. The difference in brightness is just unreal with the new Luminok HD.
Jhand
500 Club
Facebook: n/a

Unread postby Jhand » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:29 am

I use nocturnal also. Have one practice nock that has been used the last 3 years and it still works flawlessly other then it's getting a little hard to turn off because the switch is all chewed up. I use it to help me get a good look at where exactly the arrow hit. Also makes finding it easy. Was thinking about trying out firenocks but can't justify the price since the nocturnals work for me
tgreeno
500 Club

Unread postby tgreeno » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:57 am

For those that have added lighted nocks, how did it effect your point of impact? Where your arrows hitting low?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it an remove all doubt
csoult
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/The-Open-Air-P ... 137422734/

Unread postby csoult » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:04 am

tgreeno wrote:For those that have added lighted nocks, how did it effect your point of impact? Where your arrows hitting low?

Minimal to not at all. I make a small adjustment, and I do mean small, due to weight.
Kybowhunter

Unread postby Kybowhunter » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:23 am

tgreeno wrote:For those that have added lighted nocks, how did it effect your point of impact? Where your arrows hitting low?

I tune with old or last years lighted nocks. You wont notice a difference untill probably 60 or 70 yds then then they will hit a little lower. Theyre about 12 grains heavier than regular nocks. I love my nocturnals! White wraps, flourescent green 2" Q2i Raptor vanes, and a green nocturnal!
Jonny
500 Club

Unread postby Jonny » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:35 am

If you bought some and don't want to practice with the real ones, this video might help you out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEEoAzJxI7w

I got some cheap ones off ebay. Should probably put them on my arrows at some point. Got a dozen for like $20. Gonna have 6 for practice and 6 on my quiver. Hope they work!
You have a monkey Mr. Munson?

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”