Lighted Nocks?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

bkraus

Re: Lighted Nocks?

Unread postby bkraus » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:19 pm

I got nocturnals. I never notice a diffence in it dropping the arrow much. The reason I like them most is finding the arrow after the shot. If you shoot in daylight and can't find the arrow you can come back at night and find it easier. When your shooting a carbon arrow with a broad head on that gets expensive. So I look at the lighted Nock as a money saver...

Buckshot20
500 Club

Unread postby Buckshot20 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:29 pm

I have partial color blindness so the lighted knocks help me in locating the arrow. Also why I like an all white wrap with all white vanes. It sticks out better for me.

An example of them helping me was I shot an 8pt in the shoulder. The arrow buried to the vanes. Shoulder hits don't always have the best blood. I crouched and scanned the woods and saw the lighted knocks about 50yrds away under the palms. Picked up blood there and the buck was about 10yrds away in a sawgrass pond. That lighted knock help in that track job.
ThePreBanMan
500 Club

Unread postby ThePreBanMan » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:49 pm

Boogieman1 wrote:I would use em if they were not so dang heavy, they completely mess up my arrow set up. So for now I just put a tiny piece of reflective tape below my nock and above my broadhead. A quick shine with a flashlight makes it super easy to spot in the dark

That's my approach. I use a white reflective arrow wrap with blaze orange vanes. Easy to find day or night. I don't like how heavy they are and adding weight to the back of the arrow is just not something I'm thrilled about.
Buckbreath

Unread postby Buckbreath » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:01 pm

I have had good luck with the nocturnals.
tgreeno
500 Club

Unread postby tgreeno » Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:37 am

I shot my nocturnals for the first time. They shoot right with my other arrows out to 30 yards. Haven't shot further yet.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it an remove all doubt
hunter10
500 Club

Unread postby hunter10 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:11 am

Love lighted knocks they make a world of difference. If you don't believe in them wait until you take a low light shot in the thick bush and your arrow hits a branch.. would you even know where to look?

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”