Cyber scouting planted pine fields and over grown clear cuts

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Eddiegomes83
500 Club

Cyber scouting planted pine fields and over grown clear cuts

Unread postby Eddiegomes83 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:51 pm

How does every body go about cyber scouting overgrown clear cuts and pine fields? Mainly for suspected bedding areas.

"Am I the Only One" - Aaron Lewis

EGOutdoors youtube: https://youtube.com/channel/UClk54pzxS6MsnSTCOtTvKJg
jbone23

Re: Cyber scouting planted pine fields and over grown clear cuts

Unread postby jbone23 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:16 pm

Treat them like how everyone on here hunts marsh terrain. I always focus on areas where they meet up with hardwoods and any spots with more than one terrain change like hardwoods and swamp running into clearcut or pine plantation.
BA-IV

Re: Cyber scouting planted pine fields and over grown clear cuts

Unread postby BA-IV » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:58 pm

It's rough cyber scouting it, because it hardly ever matches the picture. Clear cuts and pine plantations can get grown up with brush quick, and the short pine plantations are thick and nasty. I've been experimenting with this all summer, and the best thing I've found to do is treat it like the marsh dvd shows, and that's scout the transitions, and any fingers that go into em. I've even looked at lone oaks out there, and had to fight my way in, but I did find some beds, even though it looked like doe beds. To me, which I'm no experienced beast, the plantations I've looked at, are to thick to hunt the interior, except from the ground, and only when you can find an opening of sorts, but I've yet to figure out how to pattern the bucks, since the food is plentiful and they can go pretty much anywhere they want in the early season.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”