Andrae Quotes and Questions

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

<DK>
500 Club

Andrae Quotes and Questions

Unread postby <DK> » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:43 pm

Not many can speak about whitetails the way Andrae DAcquisto does. He gives me confidnce w almost every word. I also wonder whats the one question would I come up to ask him... :think: Given everything I have learned from him, Dan, this sight & others... its tough to decide.
The man has a good amount of great quotes and words of wisdom. One of my favorites would have to be -
"ITS NOT WRITTEN IN STONE"

Im curious what everyone's favorite lines from his segments are?
What is one question you would ask him?

stash59

Re: Andrae Quotes and Questions

Unread postby stash59 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:16 pm

Actually I'd ask him about the process of casting a platform. And where/how the idea came to him. Just seems interesting to me.

Too be honest I never really knew much about him until joining the Beast. I saw his show a couple of times, but never really knew why his stands were/are so good. Just knew they were expensive.

I was too busy actually doing it. Hunting and fishing out in Montana. Didn't even have a TV for a long time. When I did, only got a couple of local channels. Never used a computer until I met my 2nd wife in 2000. And basically just watched her type while we talked to her daughter and grandaughter while on it. Or played games together.But when she showed me GoogleEarth I was hooked. Could spend hours in the winter studying elk and deer country. Woulda been fun having the knowledge I have now. Back then.

Sorry plumb chased that rabbit clear down the hole. :doh: :lol:
Happiness is a large gutpile!!!!!!!
<DK>
500 Club

Unread postby <DK> » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:18 am

Everything iv seen with Andrea is on Dans videos. I own one LW dvd bc theyre hard to find. Volume 1 had a really cool clip w Andrea and Dan together. If the show is what the LW dvds contain then that is all I know about it.
seazofcheeze
500 Club

Unread postby seazofcheeze » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:13 am

I'd ask him if Andrea is related to him. I know Andrae is pretty reclusive, but I have seen Andrea mentioned just as much as Andrae on this forum, but I've never seen a single quote, interview, or video of Andrea D'Acquisto. Maybe its his sister, or his mom, daughter, cousin maybe? Maybe there's no relation at all and its just a coincidence?
Tennhunter3
500 Club

Unread postby Tennhunter3 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:34 am

I would ask him how he gets his morning kills hunting where the j hook or hunting the bedding area setup high.

However he sets up it must be near bedding outside of the rut.
Never give up Freedom for imagined safety.
<DK>
500 Club

Unread postby <DK> » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:37 am

seazofcheeze wrote:I'd ask him if Andrea is related to him. I know Andrae is pretty reclusive, but I have seen Andrea mentioned just as much as Andrae on this forum, but I've never seen a single quote, interview, or video of Andrea D'Acquisto. Maybe its his sister, or his mom, daughter, cousin maybe? Maybe there's no relation at all and its just a coincidence?

:lol: The cell phone does not like his name
ruttnhrd

Unread postby ruttnhrd » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:10 am

My favorite quote would be "Always play the wind, Never try to cheat it". Once I started doing just that it made a huge difference in deer sightings.
tgreeno
500 Club

Unread postby tgreeno » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:26 am

The question I would ask: Can I hunt on your Iowa property? :shock:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it an remove all doubt
tbunao
500 Club

Unread postby tbunao » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:17 pm

I have all 3 Whitetail addictions DVD's and watch them in regular rotation with beast DVD's. Two quotes stand out in my mind, " grabbing the brass ring" and "look at the cage momma"
mheichelbech
500 Club
Facebook: mheichelbech@gmail.com

Unread postby mheichelbech » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:58 pm

If I remember correctly, Andrea worked at an auto plant that produced Excalibur automobiles which had cast frames. This is where he got the idea for the cast stand. I could be wrong but I believe Dan helped develop the prototype or had some role in it.

Also, you can google it or the link is posted on a thread here some where, he has a good interview with Grandview Outdoors.

The thinks I recall are using cameras that don't make noise or flash....can't beat scent....observe, observe, observe and go in for the kill on the right day and not before. Also, he emphasized that every hunter needs to figure his/her own stuff out. For example, Dan does what he does which is different from Andrea, and others hunters do what they do which works for them. A big key is figuring out your own way that gives you confidence.

To me the one thing Andrae has done so well is locate big bucks and obtain access to where they are.
"One of the chief attractions of the life of the wilderness is its rugged and stalwart democracy; there every man stands for what he actually is and can show himself to be." — Theodore Roosevelt, 1893
<DK>
500 Club

Unread postby <DK> » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:07 pm

"Dont make the mistake of jumping into that major league type if hunting if you havent laid the ground work to get you there."

This resonates w me bc I feel guilty of this in a way... I laid the ground work w prep bc I hit the ground running. Im a high motor guy so I got things done. However I didnt lay the ground work of shooting more deer or younger bucks at that, before making the transition to chasing bigger animals. Maybe so, maybe not but I set my goals and acheieved them sp that drives me. Moving forward is all that matters.

tbunao wrote:I have all 3 Whitetail addictions DVD's and watch them in regular rotation with beast DVD's. Two quotes stand out in my mind, " grabbing the brass ring" and "look at the cage momma"

Good ones!

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”