Navigating Swamps - Tips/Advice?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

tundra

Re: Navigating Swamps - Tips/Advice?

Unread postby tundra » Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:54 pm

your not talking rocket science here,,,, I simply clip on to branches reflective markers, and take them out,, as I leave...

peteherbst

Unread postby peteherbst » Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:36 am

tgreeno wrote:Stay away from the open areas with no cats. They'll be deeper because they have no roots system. Duck walking on the deer trails is your best bet.

Makes sense. Seems like some of those trails get really wide, but should be able to skirt those I would think.
“You have to pay your dues”
tgreeno
500 Club

Unread postby tgreeno » Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:24 am

peteherbst wrote:
tgreeno wrote:Stay away from the open areas with no cats. They'll be deeper because they have no roots system. Duck walking on the deer trails is your best bet.

Makes sense. Seems like some of those trails get really wide, but should be able to skirt those I would think.

Just stay to one side in the wide areas. 8-)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it an remove all doubt
218er
500 Club

Unread postby 218er » Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:11 pm

Really tall mature trees stick out at the end of points or islands stickout. Use them as beacons or waypoints as you navigate.
Persistence is undefeated.
Acer18
Facebook: Asa Bays

Unread postby Acer18 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:54 pm

I use onx on my phone with a good water proof case; downloaded all the maps in offline mode incase I dont have service.. I pair that with a battery bank with a flashlight mode on it and i'm set for back ups. I do carry a compass and spare set of AAA for the headlamp for peace of mind but havent had to use it. Yet..

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”