What backpack do you use when packing in a LW stand?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

wkpjs

What backpack do you use when packing in a LW stand?

Unread postby wkpjs » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:00 am

I am a newbie so if I am posting in the wrong area, let me know. I am making the switch to public from private this year. This will dictate that I use my LW and Sticks on every hunt. My question is this. When packing a stand in 1-3 miles along with camera gear/tree arm, and everything else that we all put in our packs, what do you all use for a pack and what do you find that works the best in terms of techniques to strap your stand to your pack or the pack to the stand. I have the LW shoulder straps. Any ideas would be awesome. Thanks in advance!

Be Safe

Jason
Killemquietly

Re: What backpack do you use when packing in a LW stand?

Unread postby Killemquietly » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:26 am

Very small backpack or waist belt/Fannie pack combo. Really depends on whether your a minimalist or a gadget guy. I'm becoming more of a minimalist every season.
Killemquietly

Unread postby Killemquietly » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:33 am

Very small backpack or waist belt/Fannie pack combo. Really depends on whether your a minimalist or a gadget guy. I'm becoming more of a minimalist every season.
blizzardhunter
500 Club

Unread postby blizzardhunter » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:40 am

Get online and see if you can find a game plan gear leech pack. It has tons of room but instead of shoulder straps it has bungees to attach it to the stand. It works great.
mheichelbech
500 Club
Facebook: mheichelbech@gmail.com

Unread postby mheichelbech » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:48 am

I use a badlands monster fanny/lumbar pack. I like the flat top as it allows the bottom of the stand to ride on top and moves the weight from my shoulders to my hips. Much easier that way...actually I think it is a better setup than using a Molle lumbar belt.
"One of the chief attractions of the life of the wilderness is its rugged and stalwart democracy; there every man stands for what he actually is and can show himself to be." — Theodore Roosevelt, 1893
Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:51 am

The narrowest CamelPak w/ water bladder.
I use it for tracking as well and carries everything I need...
Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...
Horizontal Hunter
500 Club

Unread postby Horizontal Hunter » Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:13 am

blizzardhunter wrote:Get online and see if you can find a game plan gear leech pack. It has tons of room but instead of shoulder straps it has bungees to attach it to the stand. It works great.

That's what I use for my Summit Goliath. They stopped making them though so it may be hard to find one.

Bob
Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter. :o

Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire
tgreeno
500 Club

Unread postby tgreeno » Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:21 am

I just wear a medium size fanny pack. If I can't fit it in there, it doesn't come. Bungee my sticks and coat to the stand. I use molle straps on the stand.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it an remove all doubt
tbunao
500 Club

Unread postby tbunao » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:21 am

I just recently purchased a molle ii medic leader pouch and a leader pouch. They will attach to the hip belt on the stand. The leader pouch will house my linesman belt and the medic pouch has 2 dividers in it where I'll have a pen, bow hook and strap, lift rope with magnet and metal clip that attaches to the bow, car keys and any other little thing I deem to be necessary but that's really all I'll take.

That frees up my pockets for more leg freedom and distributes weight from being all on my back to even. It also allows me to go up in one go.

Rut I'll strap the tenzig on for snacks
WI_Bucky

Unread postby WI_Bucky » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:55 am

I am also looking into packs. Do you guys not pack in any extra layers? I feel that I need to pack at least a jacket if I'm hiking any distance, or are these fanny packs big enough for a packed jacket?
tgreeno
500 Club

Unread postby tgreeno » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:18 am

WI_Bucky wrote:I am also looking into packs. Do you guys not pack in any extra layers? I feel that I need to pack at least a jacket if I'm hiking any distance, or are these fanny packs big enough for a packed jacket?

I bungee mine to the stand.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it an remove all doubt
Horizontal Hunter
500 Club

Unread postby Horizontal Hunter » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:39 am

WI_Bucky wrote:I am also looking into packs. Do you guys not pack in any extra layers? I feel that I need to pack at least a jacket if I'm hiking any distance, or are these fanny packs big enough for a packed jacket?

The GamePlan Leech has a "bedroll" section that I use for my jacket, harness, HSS rope treestrap, and drag rope. I built strap extensions for when I use my cold weather jump suit.

Bob

Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter. :o

Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire
briar
500 Club

Unread postby briar » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:43 am

Gray wolf woolens side bag.
Matt6506

Unread postby Matt6506 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:52 am

Horizontal Hunter wrote:

The GamePlan Leech has a "bedroll" section that I use for my jacket, harness, HSS rope treestrap, and drag rope. I built strap extensions for when I use my cold weather jump suit.

Bob

This is what I use when there's a possibility of an all day sit. Most of the time I don't carry a pack.
“Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.”
- Fred Bear
Eddiegomes83
500 Club

Unread postby Eddiegomes83 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:56 am

I use the leach as well but my bungees are about worn out now
"Am I the Only One" - Aaron Lewis

EGOutdoors youtube: https://youtube.com/channel/UClk54pzxS6MsnSTCOtTvKJg

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”