Baiting lifted in 15 counties in Wisconsin

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Jonny
500 Club

Re: Baiting lifted in 15 counties in Wisconsin

Unread postby Jonny » Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:09 am

goldtip5575 wrote:
wkpjs wrote:Does anyone know if that makes mineral legal to put out for the summer? Also, does anyone know what counties are affected?

According to last years regs NO only 24 hours before start of bowhunting none after close of all deer seasons. Barron,Burnett,Calumet,Clark,Dodge,Jackson,Kenosha,Manitowoc,Milwaukee,Polk,Racine,Sheboygan,Washburn,Washington,Waushara.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states ... or-hunting

You can put bait out, just can't hunt over it or put it out with intention of hunting over it...

You have a monkey Mr. Munson?
goldtip5575
500 Club

Unread postby goldtip5575 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:50 am

Jonny wrote:
goldtip5575 wrote:
wkpjs wrote:Does anyone know if that makes mineral legal to put out for the summer? Also, does anyone know what counties are affected?

According to last years regs NO only 24 hours before start of bowhunting none after close of all deer seasons. Barron,Burnett,Calumet,Clark,Dodge,Jackson,Kenosha,Manitowoc,Milwaukee,Polk,Racine,Sheboygan,Washburn,Washington,Waushara.

You can put bait out, just can't hunt over it or put it out with intention of hunting over it...

Corn and pumpkins a stable of every dogs diet...I would read your 2017 regs when they come out . Salt,mineral blocks and liquid mineral are bait no bait out of deer seasons where baiting is legal. Unless the WI DNR REGS change I still say probably no on summer mineral sites.It also states the ruling only applies to Walkers case.
wkpjs

Unread postby wkpjs » Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:59 am

Thanks much everyone! As I look there is nothing definitive online regarding the issue.
Be Safe

Jason
Jonny
500 Club

Unread postby Jonny » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:22 am

goldtip5575 wrote:
Jonny wrote:
goldtip5575 wrote:

Corn and pumpkins a stable of every dogs diet...I would read your 2017 regs when they come out . Salt,mineral blocks and liquid mineral are bait no bait out of deer seasons where baiting is legal. Unless the WI DNR REGS change I still say probably no on summer mineral sites.It also states the ruling only applies to Walkers case.

But per the court ruling if you aren't hunting over it, then its legal. At least that is my understanding of it. Its a pretty grey area.
You have a monkey Mr. Munson?
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:37 pm

Years ago I was pretty heavy into baiting, guess for the fact that's the only way I ever saw anybody hunt. In my experience what Greeno said is correct, it's usually due to its the easiest way to hunt and provide frequent deer sightings of young deer. However baiting for matures can be done, but it's a lot of work and I like to hunt not run around setting bait sites.
Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”