**LIVE FROM THE FIELD - 2017**

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Noreast10pt
500 Club

Re: **LIVE FROM THE FIELD - 2017**

Unread postby Noreast10pt » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:08 am

Lockdown wrote:
Noreast10pt wrote:Well after 3.5 hours of tracking we had to call it a night... we had a decent blood trail but lost it in a field and couldn't find where she might've exited the field. In nearly a half mile she never bedded down or headed for water so I'm not sure if I hit high or low because she should've been down sooner. She jumped with the shot but it looked pretty good from what I could see and was a pass through.
I'll be back out tomorrow to look more but the coyotes will probably find her first.

Man that’s a bummer. Fingers crossed that you find her :pray:

No luck today... I'm pretty disappointed :?
It felt like it had been a good shot, we double checked the yardage again today and it was right on what I thought, 23 yards which is what I have my middle pin set for. I aimed a few inches low and the deer ducked on the shot, it looked good, arrow passed through and had good blood but there was some white hairs on it so I think that would be belly hair. The reaction is what was different because it spun back around and went about 20 yards and stopped, I've never had one just stop like that but there was lots of blood where it had been. I guess I should've waited longer because after a few minutes I started packing up and when I made a noise the deer blew and took off, but there had been another one behind it so I'm not sure which blew, but one went up the hill and the one I hit went down.
We picked up where we left off last night but couldn't pick up more of a trail and didn't find a downed deer..

BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:16 am

Jonny wrote:Congrats to all the killers and good luck to those going out today! I’m all done with my bow for the year. Got my gun stand all ready for next month, and am working on getting up the day before to put out the climbers.

Also my cow elk hunt next year during thanksgiving is just about a done deal. Just need to apply for the tag. 100% draw, herd reduction area. Looking forward to that

your crazy for not hunting the rut! :?
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
hunter_mike

Unread postby hunter_mike » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:28 am

“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
JAK
500 Club

Unread postby JAK » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:47 am

All set up on a swamp point hot sign all over jumped a deer on way in over looking access trail got word they have been seeing a real big one on private land to the west I think he beds in hear :dance: I hope it's my turn ;)
Tufrthnails
500 Club

Unread postby Tufrthnails » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:13 am

Congrats to all the kill :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: ers!!!!!
Tuf- The below average hunting beast
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:14 am

Just got back from my fishing trip and had a few hours of daylight so figured I better get a hunt in. Light drizzle and wet conditions make sneaking in for a good ground hunt easier.

I’m set up where a buck keeps giving me the slip and hanging up outside bow range from my preferred tree. Today I pushed deeper and set up in the cattails hiding off the main trail coming to the point.

Gonna be up close and exciting if this works. Shot to the trail is 5 yards.

Bedding is about 50 yards to my left. All cattails but a few trees with high ground that consistantly hold beds.

I’m standing in the water nestled in good waiting to hear the sloshing coming my way. Hope I see antlers above the cattails because I will only have a split second to decide if it’s a shooter or not when it enters my shooting lane. I didn’t want to disturb any more than I had to when I set up.
blizzardhunter
500 Club

Unread postby blizzardhunter » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:45 am

Windy and hot but I'm set up. Got a big front pushing in this evening, hoping the deer will move early. Not a ton of confidence here but figured I would try it.
hunter_mike

Unread postby hunter_mike » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:00 am

Had a 2.5 yr old 8 at 27 yrd, no shot opportunity. Two smaller bucks with him picked up my ground scent. Too bad, i was nocked and locked.
“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
Perfectionitz

Unread postby Perfectionitz » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:03 am

isitseasonyet? wrote:Image

Public land doe, and my third deer ever with a bow, first doe tag in several years, I am one happy hunter, now its all on a buck! :dance:

Awesome! Nice job, I'm all buck now too! Let's goooo!
I HAVE THE TENDENCY TO DO IT UP
Perfectionitz

Unread postby Perfectionitz » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:04 am

Dewey wrote:Just got back from my fishing trip and had a few hours of daylight so figured I better get a hunt in. Light drizzle and wet conditions make sneaking in for a good ground hunt easier.

I’m set up where a buck keeps giving me the slip and hanging up outside bow range from my preferred tree. Today I pushed deeper and set up in the cattails hiding off the main trail coming to the point.

Gonna be up close and exciting if this works. Shot to the trail is 5 yards.

Bedding is about 50 yards to my left. All cattails but a few trees with high ground that consistantly hold beds.

I’m standing in the water nestled in good waiting to hear the sloshing coming my way. Hope I see antlers above the cattails because I will only have a split second to decide if it’s a shooter or not when it enters my shooting lane. I didn’t want to disturb any more than I had to when I set up.

THIS.IS.AWESOME.
I HAVE THE TENDENCY TO DO IT UP
Lockdown

Unread postby Lockdown » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:06 am

Buckshot20 wrote:Shot a florida buck with the front stuffer last night. I guess I had mud on the lens or something because the pics didn't turn out. Wind was bad for my intended spot. I set up on a swampy point leading into the palmetto fields. He walked the point out

Congrats!
Jonny
500 Club

Unread postby Jonny » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:22 am

BigHunt wrote:
Jonny wrote:Congrats to all the killers and good luck to those going out today! I’m all done with my bow for the year. Got my gun stand all ready for next month, and am working on getting up the day before to put out the climbers.

Also my cow elk hunt next year during thanksgiving is just about a done deal. Just need to apply for the tag. 100% draw, herd reduction area. Looking forward to that

your crazy for not hunting the rut! :?

Tell that to my professors who assign presentations and projects to be done on saturdays :angry-banghead:
You have a monkey Mr. Munson?
Kokes
500 Club

Unread postby Kokes » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:31 am

Gathering Intel with an observation sit tonight....
blackwidow
500 Club

Unread postby blackwidow » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:34 am

I'm wasting away at work, but my time is almost here. After tomorrow, it's on. 16 days of pure bliss. Man i can't wait.
walleyeralph

Unread postby walleyeralph » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:36 am

Good luck Dewey

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”