Google earth help

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Blinginpse

Google earth help

Unread postby Blinginpse » Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:37 pm

I'm trying to view history images of areas and I can't find it on a laptop. There is pic of the screen of what I'm seeing. Can y'all help

seazofcheeze
500 Club

Re: Google earth help

Unread postby seazofcheeze » Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:21 pm

Looks like you're using Google maps in a web browser, which doesn't support historical imagery. Google earth is a separate program/application that you need to download.
Blinginpse

Unread postby Blinginpse » Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:44 pm

10-4 I got it thanks alot
MikePerry

Unread postby MikePerry » Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:55 pm

I was having the same problem while trying to use my smart phone
Persistence pays!!!
Blinginpse

Unread postby Blinginpse » Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:02 pm

After got it loaded to desktop Shux I was rolling on. Always thought google earth was useless for most part but this kinda changes the opinion of it
IkemanTx
500 Club

Unread postby IkemanTx » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:13 am

Blinginpse wrote:After got it loaded to desktop Shux I was rolling on. Always thought google earth was useless for most part but this kinda changes the opinion of it

Ya, google maps is kinda useless. Google EARTH (and more specifically Google Earth Pro) is an absolutely awesome resource.
Go where none other dare to go, and there you'll find success.
Jonny
500 Club

Unread postby Jonny » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:21 am

IkemanTx wrote:
Blinginpse wrote:After got it loaded to desktop Shux I was rolling on. Always thought google earth was useless for most part but this kinda changes the opinion of it

Ya, google maps is kinda useless. Google EARTH (and more specifically Google Earth Pro) is an absolutely awesome resource.

I use google maps on my iphone daily, especially when hunting. Same aerial and it shows you where you are. Google earth ends up being useless on my phone. Really helps me figure out where I am going a lot when looking for transitions or roads.

On my computer, yes google maps is useless in a hunting/scouting standpoint. I use bing maps just for a different picture, but can't get birdseye where I hunt so now bing is rarely used.
You have a monkey Mr. Munson?
Blinginpse

Unread postby Blinginpse » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:27 am

Jonny wrote:
IkemanTx wrote:

I use google maps on my iphone daily, especially when hunting. Same aerial and it shows you where you are. Google earth ends up being useless on my phone. Really helps me figure out where I am going a lot when looking for transitions or roads.

On my computer, yes google maps is useless in a hunting/scouting standpoint. I use bing maps just for a different picture, but can't get birdseye where I hunt so now bing is rarely used.

I've been trying to get bing maps up for birdeye and since they have redone the site I can't hardly navigate it. Technology isn't my strong point.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”