Mod seat on lone wolf or mod my existing M100U $$$

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Ekissinger

Mod seat on lone wolf or mod my existing M100U $$$

Unread postby Ekissinger » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:08 am

Alright here is what I am trying to do. My current set up is a Millennium M100U. I love the stand but anyone familiar with it knows it is limited to straight trees. I have major back issues and the 100U is the only stand I can pull all day sits in. (tried my buddies lone wolf and could barely get through an afternoon hunt)

My Original idea was to buy a lone wolf assault and mod Either a Millennium M7 or M25 seat on it. That would cost me 360-460$ for both stands because that’s the only way to get the Millennium seat.
I am seeing some guys are using the versa buttons and off set brackets to mod the M100u. I have ordered those. (additional feedback on how this has been working out would be great)

Next I come to the problem of leveling the platform. I was thinking of drilling holes adjacent to the existing cable holes bolted to the platform (I am 240 lbs should I reinforce these holes?) and using some sort of quick release pin with a high shearing rate for leveling with these holes. Of course, this will not level the seat but I have found that I am fine with the seat being unlevel to an extent, but I need a level platform to stand on with my back. Has anyone modified any 100U stands for leveling the platform.

I figure for $50-60 worth of parts I might as well give it a try but any feedback or advise would be greatly appreciated on any of the above before I start hacking stands apart! Thanks. :D

Rich M
500 Club

Re: Mod seat on lone wolf or mod my existing M100U $$$

Unread postby Rich M » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:54 am

Millennium M50, M60, and M150 have adjustable seats and platforms. The M150 is a heavier M100U with the adjustable seat and platform.

Personally, I'm just as likely to hunt off the ground as in a tree.
Ekissinger

Unread postby Ekissinger » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:22 am

Rich M wrote:Millennium M50, M60, and M150 have adjustable seats and platforms. The M150 is a heavier M100U with the adjustable seat and platform.

Personally, I'm just as likely to hunt off the ground as in a tree.

I just watched a youtube vid on this and it looks interesting, I've seen the stand and just thought you could only adjust the seat height but I should have looked into it more. I wonder if I could mount a lone wolf off set bracket on this for side lean on a trees as well. I don't like that it is 13.5 lbs but yet it is so small. Kinda confusing when the 100u is only 11lbs and much bigger. I am 6ft 1 so the small platform is a concern, perhaps a foot rest could help with that but that would add more weight. I am going to see if they have them at my local bass pro and check them out. If I get it and it dont work out then at least I could yank the seat and mod it onto a lone wolf.. hmm :?: :?: :?: thanks!! :D
Jonny
500 Club

Unread postby Jonny » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:10 am

Ekissinger wrote:Alright here is what I am trying to do. My current set up is a Millennium M100U. I love the stand but anyone familiar with it knows it is limited to straight trees. I have major back issues and the 100U is the only stand I can pull all day sits in. (tried my buddies lone wolf and could barely get through an afternoon hunt)

My Original idea was to buy a lone wolf assault and mod Either a Millennium M7 or M25 seat on it. That would cost me 360-460$ for both stands because that’s the only way to get the Millennium seat.
I am seeing some guys are using the versa buttons and off set brackets to mod the M100u. I have ordered those. (additional feedback on how this has been working out would be great)

Next I come to the problem of leveling the platform. I was thinking of drilling holes adjacent to the existing cable holes bolted to the platform (I am 240 lbs should I reinforce these holes?) and using some sort of quick release pin with a high shearing rate for leveling with these holes. Of course, this will not level the seat but I have found that I am fine with the seat being unlevel to an extent, but I need a level platform to stand on with my back. Has anyone modified any 100U stands for leveling the platform.

I figure for $50-60 worth of parts I might as well give it a try but any feedback or advise would be greatly appreciated on any of the above before I start hacking stands apart! Thanks. :D

Somebody a while back took the seat of a field and stream timberline (millenium seat but not the 100 or 150 seat) and mounted it onto an xop air raid. Looked pretty sweet, and a timberline can be found for $60 with a bit of digging.
You have a monkey Mr. Munson?
Rich M
500 Club

Unread postby Rich M » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:34 pm

The M150 is essentially the M100 but at 19.5 pounds - thinking it is a steel stand. It has the comfy seat and adjustable platform and seat.
Ekissinger

Unread postby Ekissinger » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:00 am

Awesome thanks for the tips guys! In time I may try to mod both my current millennium and an xop or lone wolf.

But to be sure I have a solid set up I think I am going to do the xop or lone wolf first with the field and stream seat,.. Is there any real difference between the xop or lone wolf when it comes to functionality?
Jhand
500 Club
Facebook: n/a

Unread postby Jhand » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:20 am

Ekissinger wrote:Awesome thanks for the tips guys! In time I may try to mod both my current millennium and an xop or lone wolf.

But to be sure I have a solid set up I think I am going to do the xop or lone wolf first with the field and stream seat,.. Is there any real difference between the xop or lone wolf when it comes to functionality?

Xop and lone wolf are pretty identical. XOP use's a cast seat post where Lone Wolf uses a tube. They both function exactly the same.
Jonny
500 Club

Unread postby Jonny » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:07 am

Ekissinger wrote:Awesome thanks for the tips guys! In time I may try to mod both my current millennium and an xop or lone wolf.

Both function the same. I own a lone wolf and an xop, there are some really minor differences but that is about it.
You have a monkey Mr. Munson?
Matt6506

Unread postby Matt6506 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:32 pm

I have since took the timberline seat off the air raid and put the original back on. I love the comfort of the timberline seat but found that shooting behind the stand with the seat folded up would be tough. I find myself setting up with the tree between me and the deer alot so the timberline wouldn't do. I would probably sell the timberline seat if anyone is interested?
“Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.”
- Fred Bear
Ekissinger

Unread postby Ekissinger » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:31 pm

Matt6506 wrote:I have since took the timberline seat off the air raid and put the original back on. I love the comfort of the timberline seat but found that shooting behind the stand with the seat folded up would be tough. I find myself setting up with the tree between me and the deer alot so the timberline wouldn't do. I would probably sell the timberline seat if anyone is interested?

I would be interested in buying the seat. I will pm

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”