How Many P&Y Animals Under Your Belt?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Autumn Ninja

Re: How Many P&Y Animals Under Your Belt?

Unread postby Autumn Ninja » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:05 am

Any public land close to you cwoods?

TreeToad

Unread postby TreeToad » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:33 am

I've got 4 with the bow. 135" (11 pt.), 145" (13 pt.), 147" (9 pt.), and a 169" (9 pt.). All before I had kids. Now that my oldest is 10 I'm starting to be able to get more time to go out. But lately it's been with one of the rugrats in tow.

Came close to having a opportuity at a monster with my daughter in the tree last year. Buck just stayed out of range. But all she could talk about on the ride back home were the two squirrels that were chasing each other and came right by us in our tree. :roll: Kids you gotta love them...
Your arrows are only happy when they're flying!
DevinJD2007
500 Club

Unread postby DevinJD2007 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:13 am

I have 4 P&Y to my name as well as 1 Booner so far in 10 years of hunting. a 140, 152, 154, 156, 171 all with a bow. 8-)
Hodag Hunter
500 Club

Unread postby Hodag Hunter » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:16 am

Not enough.

Never had an animal officially scored, but backyard measuring.....3 bear and 1 deer. Add 1 more deer if he had more than one "horn" when shot.

Had another that was close 123"+/- net.....again back yard measuremet but really doesn't matter to me either way.

Saddly lost all of my bear skulls but one to a "taxidermist" who was going to bleach them for display. Taxi went thru a divorse and rumor was the ex un-thawed the freezer and chucked everything out. Know of guys that lost there deer hides and antlers......don't ask real touchy subject for the few that never recieved their mounts. They lost the antlers and all.
Spysar
500 Club

Unread postby Spysar » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:40 am

The guys that say they have them, are they entered in P&Y? Or are they home measured and you think they would make it? To make P&Y they have to NET 125" for typical, and 155" non typ. Having a deer gross 125" isn't the same as an official entry. I don't care, as I talk about deer in terms of gross score anyway. All my bucks are scored by the Northeast Big Buck Club, and they use the B&C scoring system, and so does P&Y.

I have "0" P&Y entries.
A buck will see you three times, and hear you twice, but he's only gonna smell you once.
Dabowhunter

Unread postby Dabowhunter » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:45 am

Four for me. Largest was 174 NT. Spend more time thinking of the ones that got away than the ones on the wall though.
Black Squirrel
500 Club

Unread postby Black Squirrel » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:49 am

Spysar wrote:The guys that say they have them, are they entered in P&Y? Or are they home measured and you think they would make it? To make P&Y they have to NET 125" for typical, and 155" non typ. Having a deer gross 125" isn't the same as an official entry. I don't care, as I talk about deer in terms of gross score anyway. All my bucks are scored by the Northeast Big Buck Club, and they use the B&C scoring system, and so does P&Y.

I have "0" P&Y entries.

Of the 2, I only entered one, and probably will not enter anymore. I have a buddy who is an official scorer for WI Buck and Bear. He measures mine. The one's I say are close, I have not measured, just guessing, that's why I said close but no cigar.
muddy

Unread postby muddy » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:17 am

All mine are home measured and I'm pretty confident in my math as they're all pretty typical.

2 net in the 130s
2 net in the 140s
2 net in the 150s
1 net in the 160s

As far as I'm concerned nets are for fishing but I'm just answering the question mostly.
http://www.iowawhitetail.com
Leading the way for habitat and management information

"It's a good thing you don't need commas and colons to kill deer" -seaz
Schultzy
500 Club

Unread postby Schultzy » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:37 am

The guys that say they have them, are they entered in P&Y?
Yes.
muddy

Unread postby muddy » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:43 am

Mine are not so technically I have zero. I use the P&Y online calculator for home scoring.
http://www.iowawhitetail.com
Leading the way for habitat and management information

"It's a good thing you don't need commas and colons to kill deer" -seaz
cwoods
500 Club

Unread postby cwoods » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:55 am

Autumn Ninja wrote:Any public land close to you cwoods?

There a few spots that are somewhat close by. A little over an hour, which IMO isnt that bad. Zap helped me out w/ topos and introducing me to the BEAST last year but, it was late spring so Im stoked to get out and hit it hard now that the season is over this winter. Its going to be challenging to say the least but Im up for it! Alot of the counties allow for dog hunting and that ends up spilling over onto game lands (public lands). So Im going to have to hunt the hunters and dogs. Since you've had such great sucess what bits of info and knowledge do you care to share? I mean your accomplishments speak for themselves. Its neat seeing guys like Dan, yourself and others taking mature deer w/ such consistency. Yall are the hunters I look up to.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”