How Many P&Y Animals Under Your Belt?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
Autumn Ninja

Re: How Many P&Y Animals Under Your Belt?

Unread postby Autumn Ninja » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:57 am

I've only killed 9 P&Y and 2 that just missed it...10 of them came from public land. I know that must sound like I suck, but in my defense...I can only shoot 1 buck a year and I've only bowhunted 14 years. I've been burnt 3 of the 14 years...tag soup sucks.

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:23 am

about a dozen bucks, and 2 bear.
adrenalin
500 Club

Unread postby adrenalin » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:26 am

0 so far, I've had opportunities at some real nice ones but a little out of my range. Maybe the beast can change that. :D
Autumn Ninja wrote:I've only killed 9 P&Y and 2 that just missed it...10 of them came from public land. I know that must sound like I suck, but in my defense...I can only shoot 1 buck a year and I've only bowhunted 14 years. I've been burnt 3 of the 14 years...tag soup sucks.

Dude, 11 nice bucks in 14 years with the bow and you think it sounds like you suck. That would be one of an accomplishment for Wisconsin.
dan
Site Owner

Unread postby dan » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:35 am

I passed a lot of bucks that were Pope and Young that would of gotten an arrow other years, or other propertys. I don't put bucks in the record books any more. To me hunting is more than a bragging score. If there is a huge animal in the area I may hold out for just him and let good bucks go. If not, I might kill the 1st decent buck and then move on to another state or area.
Schultzy
500 Club

Unread postby Schultzy » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:03 am

Autumn Ninja wrote:I've only killed 9 P&Y and 2 that just missed it...10 of them came from public land. I know that must sound like I suck, but in my defense...I can only shoot 1 buck a year and I've only bowhunted 14 years. I've been burnt 3 of the 14 years...tag soup sucks.
Lol!! You've got It rough. ;)
Schultzy
500 Club

Unread postby Schultzy » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:04 am

I don't put anything In the books to brag about them which I know some people do. I just think It's neat and all.
dan
Site Owner

Unread postby dan » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:06 am

Schultzy wrote:I don't put anything In the books to brag about them which I know some people do. I just think It's neat and all.

My comment wasn't directed at those who do... Just my personal reasoning. I did put a few in the books back in the early 90's, and might put a booner in the books if I shoot one. I have had a few that have just missed B&C
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:17 am

Only 9 P&Y bucks in 14 years on public land??
Oh my god.....that must be tough to handle. :roll:
Seriously, do you really think you suck and are not doing very good? I hope you were just kidding with that comment. :?
Most of us here are very lucky to get half that many in our lifetimes.
Schultzy
500 Club

Unread postby Schultzy » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:57 pm

dan wrote:
Schultzy wrote:I don't put anything In the books to brag about them which I know some people do. I just think It's neat and all.

My comment wasn't directed at those who do... Just my personal reasoning. I did put a few in the books back in the early 90's, and might put a booner in the books if I shoot one. I have had a few that have just missed B&C
No worries here Dan, I know you weren't talking to me. Just thought I'd tell people why I've done It. To me the P&Y club Isn't about putting animals In their book but more about the heritage and belonging to a great organization who fights for our rights as bow hunters.
Autumn Ninja

Unread postby Autumn Ninja » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:53 pm

Dewey wrote:Seriously, do you really think you suck and are not doing very good?

If you guy's think I'm doing good than I guess I am. I know I could be/do much, much better....I will never be satisfied until I'm perfect....which means I'll never be satisfied, lol. I analyze myself and every thing around me continuously and I'm just not there yet, but I'm working on it. :)

:EDIT: I will always strive to be as good a hunter and woodsman as my Dad was....I don't think I'll ever get there, those are some BIG shoes to feel.
Last edited by Autumn Ninja on Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
virginiashadow
500 Club

Re: How Many P&Y Animals Under Y. our Belt?

Unread postby virginiashadow » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:04 pm

PASwamper

Unread postby PASwamper » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:15 pm

0 as well, 3 very close. Tough to get in my neck of the woods, but I have hunted and seen a few that probably would have made it. Seems like every couple years I'm on one thats P&Y, just haven't closed the deal yet. 2011 will change that!
hunt n nut
500 Club

Unread postby hunt n nut » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:19 am

I've got two, a 133 2/8 and a 138 0/8. The first one I got in 2004 and the second was 2006. I have been bowhunting for 34 years. It took like twelve years hunting big bucks to get the first one. I was hoping by breaking the ice they would start falling more frequently, but not so, its not that easy. Lucky for me I just get to keep trying :D

I love this stuff ;)
GBTG

Unread postby GBTG » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:25 am

5 whitetails 2 elk and 1 mule deer I need to get measured which will be close.
PLB
500 Club

Unread postby PLB » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:03 am

1 Bear and A few whitetails that are close! Don't really care about records though! I love scouting and finding a deer that makes me happy and challenges me on public land. If he is 140, cool. If he is all busted up but has a huge body and obviously is mature, awesome!
Obsession Bows
Lone Wolf Alpha and sticks

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”