sittin

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

What seat do you hunt on your lone wolf

stock seat
65%
hunt comfort
13%
alpha tech
2%
homemade foam pad
13%
other recommendations?
7%

Total votes: 46
Vtbowhunter3

Re: sittin

Unread postby Vtbowhunter3 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:22 am

dan wrote:On some of my stands I have the stock seat, others no seat at all... I don't get the whole comfort thing. I see very little difference. The main difference being bare metal in sub zero is cold on my rear.

I agree. I have a hunt comfort seat, and honestly hardly ever use it. I can't tell the difference between that and the stock LW seat.

Tennhunter3
500 Club

Unread postby Tennhunter3 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:56 am

I sat on the stock seat 1 season couldnt take it anymore on long sits. Its fine if your sitting for 2 hours or so. I go in at noon and hunt till after dark so im sitting 5-7 hours.

Bought a Muddy seat it broke after 5 hunts junk bought a Lone wolf Alpha tech sat on it last year was great its on my Assault currently.

Recently purchased a Hunt Comfort for my Alpha never sat on it so cant say if its good or not.It is a little bit heavier then other seats.
Never give up Freedom for imagined safety.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:55 pm

Vtbowhunter3 wrote:
dan wrote:On some of my stands I have the stock seat, others no seat at all... I don't get the whole comfort thing. I see very little difference. The main difference being bare metal in sub zero is cold on my rear.

I agree. I have a hunt comfort seat, and honestly hardly ever use it. I can't tell the difference between that and the stock LW seat.

:confusion-confused:
UntouchableNess
500 Club

Unread postby UntouchableNess » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:55 am

Even being "frugal" (aka cheap), I couldn't tough out the original LW seat pad anymore on long sits (4-10 hrs) and bought a thicker one. Not sure which one I bought, just knew that the original had to go.

I have a Gorilla hang-on that has a web seat, most comfortable stand I have, but it is too heavy and cumbersome for hang and hunt. I should do a mod on my LW to change to that style of seat.
yungbuck
500 Club

Unread postby yungbuck » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:48 pm

my seat is getting pretty torn up from some briar thickets and i have to tie it down since the Velcros busted off so it no longer attaches to the seat platform but most of its cushion is intact. its pretty impressive to see so many guys using the stock seat or in some instances no seat cough dan cough (dan is always the man- heck he wears t shirts when snows on the ground)
i have appreciated the comments and ideas and its helped me get some perspective
nothing but a simple minded god fearing public land bow hunter

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”