Myles Keller....where is he???

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Dewey

Myles Keller....where is he???

Unread postby Dewey » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:39 am

In a different thread about hunting celebrities Miles Keller was brought up and I was wondering what happened to him so I did some investigating......check this out.

Myles Keller-Pay Tribute to a Legend

Hello all:

Over the last several years I have developed a friendship with legendary bowhunter Myles Keller. Over the last few years I have come to see through my own eyes and industry contacts that despite his great accomplishments and traditional values the great Myles Keller has not been heard of in all the so called popular hunting circles of recent times.

Yet everywhere you go, everyone you speak to always it's the same. Myles is the man! Myles is a great person, Myles is a legend! Yet all we see in all the hunting endorsements and hunting videos is the young so called up & coming personalities. Has Bowhunting and hunting turned into some TV reality show?

It's the same old sad story, you get older and no one wants to play with you anymore. You get older and no one wants to pay attention to you anymore. You get older and no one has time for you anymore. You get older and no one wants to spend money on you anymore. For you listening under 50 years young, you’ll be there too, soon.

Myles is in the twilight of his career, and yes life. Myles is still an avid outdoorsman and bowhunter, still in great shape and active. Yet he refuses to follow the crowd. He refuses to be a carpet bagger like we see all too often on TV & videos. Myles Keller set a lot of the ground work for almost all of these so called industry insiders and current personalities. These facts are irrefutable. Myles Keller did it then and does it now, the old fashion way…on the ground, in a tree, hands on, start to finish! His knowledge, tactics and hands on approach is a now un-tapped resource for all of us. We need Myles back in the game!

Myles Keller refuses to kill bucks under 140”-150" every year. It's not that he does not want to, it's he does not have too. So, some years may pass (1 or 2) that he does not kill a deer. Does this make him (old) news? I think not. Rather he should be applauded, not set aside.

Many of the advertising manufacturers in the industry today want these so called experts to kill a deer on camera no matter what. Worse yet, these so called personalities lower themselves and/or standards and kill deer that most times they (or we) would not, simply to satisfy the endorsement money paycheck.

A few years back Myles and I were having a cold one and chewing our Cud (steak). Myles spoke to me about some of these things. He said; "Phil, people in this hunting world of ours will sell their soul for a deer. We forget that we are taking the life of an animal and the great responsibility and stewardship that comes with that privilege"

Think about that everyone; here is one of the most revered Bowhunting legends of all time saying what we all better realize. Things change fast in this world, and the sooner we all realize that we are simply stewards of this great tradition, the better we will all be and the better our children’s children will be.

Myles Keller the man, the Legend. His accomplishments are story like to most of us. Here are a few of his legendary Bowhunting accomplishments:

Bowhunting since 1962.
Member of the Pope & Young Club since 1971. Present Senior Member
Member of the Professional Bowhunters Society since 1974.
Selected as one of the ten Great Outdoor Legends by Outdoor Life, sponsored by the US Army (Dec. 1986, Outdoor Life, Pg 38.
Elected to Archery Hall of Fame - 1997
Largest - Colorado Elk, 1974.
Held Minnesota State record for largest Black Bear- 1980-1993 (21 4/16th).
Taken 5 record book Bears.
Wisconsin State archery record Whitetail 8 point buck-13 years (1977-1990) 175-5/8th.
38 Whitetail Buck entries in Pope & Young record books. Three over 170”.
Many other trophy archery takes as well
Active in fund raisers for ASL Cancer Fund.

Myles has endured a lot in his years in the hunting industry. He has seen a lot of companies and people come and go. He has had the best of times and the worst too. Yet, nothing seems worse than in 1991, during the Dallas Texas shot show, when some scum of the earth two bit phony and thief stole Myles entire trailer and contents full of 16 of his treasured deer head mounts. To this day not a single one recovered or even a lead to their whereabouts. I got to tell you folks there is a lot this great man has endured in our loved hunting world. Don't you believe he deserve more now!

So, by now most of you are asking yourselves where this writing leads. Well, it leads directly to your front door. I am writing in hopes of starting a grass roots endorsement for this great Bowhunting Legend and man. One that he not only deserves, but one that will place him at the forefront where he belongs once again. In my almost 50 years on earth, I have met no finer a man, no greater a person! He never asks anything from anyone. In fact he gives more than receives, and has been taken advantage of at times because of that trait. This is sad.

Myles did not ask for this, nor would he agree entirely with this concept and approach. But the way I see it, we all need to do something good for him, give back a little to what so much he has given us over the years.

How many of you would love to see Myles Keller the Legend back where he belongs, at the top, speaking to us more at shows, functions, and TV? A Well known industry insider and fellow ASL Cancer research fund raiser/organizer, is currently working on a new idea to pay tribute to a Legend. The concept centers on the idea of a “Camp fire talk with a Legend”. This concept will bring Myles to all of us on a more frequent & regular basis. To speak to us, reach out to us and let us meet the Legend before he leaves us forever.

What is needed is the publics support. Support that shows the many industry manufacturers that we, the hunting/Bowhunting public, miss Myles Keller, and value his presence and honest endorsement of products he actually likes and uses himself! Value what he has to say, listen young and old alike, the ways that made the great Myles Keller a Legend.

So, all I simply am asking is to respond in email writing your approval that we want to see and hear more of Myles Keller, and send this letter to anyone you can think of, and have them respond in email approval to me too.

Let’s honor and pay tribute to this great Legend now, while he is here to see our gratitude.

Please respond ASAP TO: blumtnarch@aol.com, and title the email subject; Myles Keller support, as I will be collecting all of your endorsements in a folder to be later used as tallied proof that we want to see and hear more of Myles Keller. He deserves it!

Thank you all in advance for your support of the Legendary Myles Keller,

Anonymous Friend of a Legend

Black Squirrel
500 Club

Re: Miles Keller....where is he???

Unread postby Black Squirrel » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:10 am

I've never met him, but always respected him. he has a great knowledge base of real world hunting. Sounds like he is a great person. 8-)
huntinnurse
500 Club

Unread postby huntinnurse » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:16 am

I sent off an e-mail.
Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
I sure hope, if he does decide to come out of "obsurity", he isn't eaten alive as seems so prevalent in the industry these days.
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.John 3:16 KJV
UPbowhunter
Facebook: todd freeman

Unread postby UPbowhunter » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:57 am

I see this same topic come up every year or so on one or the other forums. I'm assuming its you Dewey bringing it up with all the inside info on Myles. Myles does derserve all the respect he has from all of us, Im sure there are shows that could use his knowledge, dont know why they dont ask him to be a part of them, even if he wasnt lowering his standards just for a kill. I kind of think of him a bowhuntings "chuck norris" What would Myles Keller do in this situation.....?
Go Go Epic Stuff, Seek Wilderness
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:12 am

UPbowhunter wrote:I see this same topic come up every year or so on one or the other forums. I'm assuming its you Dewey bringing it up with all the inside info on Myles.

Not me!! I just copied this from another website when I was looking for info on Myles. I only met him once about 15 years ago. Great hunter and a great guy as well!
tim
500 Club

Unread postby tim » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:39 am

isnt he at the deer and turkey expo almost every year in madison, i think last year is the first year i might not have seen him...
hunt n nut
500 Club

Unread postby hunt n nut » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:47 am

I went to listen to Myles years ago. Very insightful, loved listening to him. Talk about a die hard hunter...Myles Keller for sure.
Schultzy
500 Club

Unread postby Schultzy » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:50 pm

Yep, always respected the guy. He had a run In with some thieves In Texas I think It was. They stole mounts or something like that from his trailer. That right there seemed to put the Icing on the cake with Keller with the people of today. I don't think he wanted anything to do with being well known anymore. Can't blame him either If this Is why.
VA5326

Unread postby VA5326 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:05 am

I know this post is almost 5 years old. I heard Adam Hays talking about Myles Keller and his Red Moon Theory on the Wired to Hunt PodCast the other day and it left me wanting to know more. Despite Google, HB was the first place I searched. Well, what do ya know? LOL!!! I'll be doing more research on him for sure. Anyone have a good place for me to start??
If you want to kill a deer you have to be in the woods.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:09 am

He friended me on face book, so, I think you can find him there...
Bucky

Unread postby Bucky » Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:30 am

My guess is he DOESN'T want the lime light... kinda like Andrae
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values, with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." Fred Bear
VA5326

Unread postby VA5326 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:34 am

dan wrote:He friended me on face book, so, I think you can find him there...

Cool Dan Thanks. I'll be attempting to friend him and you as well. I'm Jay Hunter on FB.
VA5326

Unread postby VA5326 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:36 am

Bucky wrote:My guess is he DOESN'T want the lime light... kinda like Andrae

In this day in age, I can't say that I blame him.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:10 am

dan wrote:He friended me on face book, so, I think you can find him there...

Wow Facebook is the last place I would expect an old school guy like Myles Keller to pop up. :lol:

Too bad we couldn't get him to join the Beast. He is one the guys I really looked up to when I was younger. I would really love to pick his brain and talk hunting with him.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
JoeRE
500 Club

Unread postby JoeRE » Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:34 am

I agree Miles Keller would have much to share, and it would be awesome to talk deer with him.

However, if he is as decent a guy as it seems, he probably has exactly what he wants - peace and quiet. I would not support badgering him to become public. The ones that WANT recognition are the ones you have to watch out for.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”