Safety harnesses

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Blinginpse

Safety harnesses

Unread postby Blinginpse » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:26 am

Looks like HSS doesn't have but a 1 year warrenty on issues with safety harness. I have had mine 3 years. It's the HSS lite. Front buckle broke last season late in cold weather. Was going to contact them about giving it or me even pay to help Fix it but doesn't look like that's an option.

Therefore I'm looking at light weight nothing fancy harnesses. Either another HSS lite or a muddy harness in a nothing fancy bare minimal setup. Any opinions?

Wlog
500 Club

Re: Safety harnesses

Unread postby Wlog » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:46 am

I like the ones that have a vest attached so I can keep all my stuff in the same pockets and always know where everything is. Option 2 is a rock climbing harness. They are less expensive, just as if not more safe and really light.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.
Redman232

Unread postby Redman232 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:57 am

A rock climbing harness will make your life better.
basspro05
500 Club

Unread postby basspro05 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:01 am

Not to steal the thread but what RC harness do you like?
BradC36

Unread postby BradC36 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:10 am

I bought an HSS crossbow harness last year because I liked the pockets on it for my tree climbing process/holding straps etc. Would highly recommend and if you search ahrd enough you can find them pretty cheap.
tgreeno
500 Club

Unread postby tgreeno » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:22 am

I started using a rock climbing harness last year and loved it. Much lighter and more comfortable.

I picked up a black diamond harness off CL for a good price.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it an remove all doubt
justdirtyfun
500 Club

Unread postby justdirtyfun » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:27 am

The RC harness does give more options, I like mine.
But I see how the pockets on a vest would be nice.
You don't have to be the best, just do your best.
JakeJD
500 Club

Unread postby JakeJD » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:41 am

I switched to a rock climbing harness a few years ago. I do not see myself going back.
"In the deed, the glory"
Blinginpse

Unread postby Blinginpse » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:21 am

Rock harnesses wouldn't work in an iwom or warmbag would they
<DK>
500 Club

Unread postby <DK> » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:03 am

The 3 best things I have ever purchased for hunting is a Lone Wolf, Cabelas Bug Skinz & Scent Blocker Tree Spider Harness/Bibs combo. Dont kid yourself, scent control doesnt come standard ;) but I absolutely love them!! By far the most comfortable hunting iv experienced, well worth (IMO) so I bought the early season model as well. The lite model is more of a pants style vs cold weather is a bib style. Most arent looking to spend much on either bibs or safety harness but im glad I did, enough to share it w you guys. I am embarrassed by the price, though I dont ever pay full price for anything gear related. I want more of them though! :twisted: Scent blocker filed for bankruptcy and is going out of business, they are merging w Scentlok so im going squirrel mode w them! Someone seriously needs to make these... remove the SB name and make them more affordable... Get some while they last.
Redman232

Unread postby Redman232 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:45 am

I have a black diamond as well. I'm sure you could figure out how to use one with an IWOM. I would think if you fall out of treestand in an IWOM or warm bag you would be a tangled mess no matter what you were wearing. The ability to self rescue from a rock climbing harness is light years above a standard safety harness that attaches at the base of your neck. Plus there are gear loops on most harness that make it easy to attach pull ropes or other equipment to. I attach a pull rope and extra sticks to mine, so I can make one trip up a tree. I had no idea how much I would like and come to depend on it.
sureshotscott
500 Club

Unread postby sureshotscott » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:53 am

You guys who have gone to a rock climbing harness: how do you rig the linesman belt? I picked up one of these on sale last year, still using HSS safety rope but would like to switch to lineman rope but have not figured out how to rig yet.
Wlog
500 Club

Unread postby Wlog » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:45 am

sureshotscott wrote:You guys who have gone to a rock climbing harness: how do you rig the linesman belt? I picked up one of these on sale last year, still using HSS safety rope but would like to switch to lineman rope but have not figured out how to rig yet.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7TlGkTd82eM
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.
cbay
500 Club

Unread postby cbay » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:59 am

I like my muddy safeguard a lot. Last year got a newer muddy, cheaper price i think it's called magnum?,, Don't like it near as much.
Scout.  Learn.  Hunt
tgreeno
500 Club

Unread postby tgreeno » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:25 am

Wlog wrote:
sureshotscott wrote:You guys who have gone to a rock climbing harness: how do you rig the linesman belt? I picked up one of these on sale last year, still using HSS safety rope but would like to switch to lineman rope but have not figured out how to rig yet.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7TlGkTd82eM

X2
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it an remove all doubt

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”