How Many...

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

seazofcheeze
500 Club

Re: How Many...

Unread postby seazofcheeze » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:24 am

JoeRE wrote:It certainly is easier to talk than to do but there are several people I know that accomplish exactly this every year. Look at them and there is usually no talk about family, work, church or anything else. Its a free country and I support their right to pick their path even though its not mine.

There are many more hunters that choose not to including me. I could do a lot more out of state hunting if I put hunting over family. Pretty soon I would be single again with that mind set...and yay, hunt even more! But I feel sorry for the guys who think that's the way to go. I have yet to meet a buck that gives me the happiness or stability a family does.

I took the original post to mean hunting comes first. You can hunt circles around any family guys with that mentality. I'm not advocating that its just a fact.

I agree. This is a purely hypothetical case, because I found myself thinking (as I imagine more than a few have on the beast have), "what would be realistically possibly in this scenario, assuming I could dive close to 100% with a clear conscience." No harm in a little imagination.

Rich M
500 Club

Unread postby Rich M » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:53 am

No harm in thinking. Fun planning stuff to do, hopefully you could make it happen... (if it was what you wanted to do)
mainebowhunter
500 Club

Unread postby mainebowhunter » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:13 am

JoeRE wrote:It certainly is easier to talk than to do but there are several people I know that accomplish exactly this every year. Look at them and there is usually no talk about family, work, church or anything else. Its a free country and I support their right to pick their path even though its not mine.

There are many more hunters that choose not to including me. I could do a lot more out of state hunting if I put hunting over family. Pretty soon I would be single again with that mind set...and yay, hunt even more! But I feel sorry for the guys who think that's the way to go. I have yet to meet a buck that gives me the happiness or stability a family does.

I took the original post to mean hunting comes first. You can hunt circles around any family guys with that mentality. I'm not advocating that its just a fact.

And I chose the same path as you. Your one of the guys that has the "efficiency" thing down to a science.

I have never met a 70yr old grandpa with grandkids that says "man I wish I had hunted more instead of having children".

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”