Resident Hunting Fees

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Jhand
500 Club
Facebook: n/a

Resident Hunting Fees

Unread postby Jhand » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:44 am

Earlier this year there was talk about raising the hunting license fees in my state or coming out with a wildlife conservation access pass. The access pass would be needed for anyone that uses the wildlife areas so bird watchers, horseback riders and hikers would now all need to buy a pass in order to access the area. Well Delaware decided to do both, they pretty much doubled the hunting license fees, went from like $42 last year to $75 for this upcoming season. When you purchase your hunting license you get a free conservation access pass which is good for just one vehicle. For non hunter the access pass is $32. I use more then just one vehicle so Im going to have to purchase a second one since I normally going scouting in my beater car. All together Im going to be at $107 for my resident license with a second access pass. That gives me 4 or 5 Doe tags, one quality buck tag and one hunter choice tag(covers smaller bucks that don't reach 15inch outside spread). That covers archery, muzzleloader, and shotgun for deer. Also covers small game and turkey. The $107 also includes my state duck stamp. I was just wondering what you guys pay for your hunting licenses in your home state.

BradC36

Re: Resident Hunting Fees

Unread postby BradC36 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:48 am

That's pretty similar to ours honestly. I want to say in NY were around $120? (someone correct me if I'm wrong) and that is for 2 doe permits, 1 either sex tag, one regular season buck tag, one antlerless tag, fishing, small game, turkey, and bear. That does not include duck stamp.
Wlog
500 Club

Unread postby Wlog » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:19 am

Yikes! Somebody else just told me about this today. I haven't looked yet to see what an out of state license went up to but about half of my hunting time is spent in Delaware. I think we still have it pretty good as far as license costs go compared to some other states. MD is pretty comparable to DE.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.
sureshotscott
500 Club

Unread postby sureshotscott » Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:06 am

Michigan offers a $76 Sportman Combo license which gives you a fishing license and 2 buck tags, and with the $15 turkey tag I sent $91 to Lansing this year to hunt and fish. There is also a $10 "recreation passport" that's attached to your vehicle tags that gets you access to many state parks.
moog5050
500 Club

Unread postby moog5050 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:28 am

BradC36 wrote:That's pretty similar to ours honestly. I want to say in NY were around $120? (someone correct me if I'm wrong) and that is for 2 doe permits, 1 either sex tag, one regular season buck tag, one antlerless tag, fishing, small game, turkey, and bear. That does not include duck stamp.

Sounds about right when you include the DMP fee.
UofLbowhunter
500 Club

Unread postby UofLbowhunter » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:55 am

In kentucky i get the sportsman combo its $95 there is certian public that requires a speical perment there are two i buy and alltogather it runs me $135 but that fishing hunting deer tags, turkey spring and fall turkey, migratory birds and a trout permit and two wma i go to for that price. The rest of the wma in my area are open to public
Bucks,ducks, turkeys,and bass!
bigwoodshuntn

Unread postby bigwoodshuntn » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:40 am

Wisconsin is right around 25 bucks for rifle and 25 for archery. That will get you a buck tag a doe tag and possibly another doe tag depending on area for each season.

And last I heard we are still about the cheapest for non residents.
cedarsavage
500 Club
Facebook: No facebook

Unread postby cedarsavage » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:11 pm

Seems reasonable given the amount of tags. Here in Michigan I think it's $20 for a buck tag and $15 per doe but I could be wrong. Lots of people complain but when I was a Washington state resident deer and elk tags were around $40 each. We have a $10 recreation pass as well but you don't need that everywhere
oldrank

Unread postby oldrank » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:51 pm

I always get the sportsman package in spring when I buy my fishing license. That way it seems like my buck tags were free when deer season rolls around....lol

When it's all said and done I prob spend close to 250 dollars on licenses. That's doe tags, turkey tags, waterfowl n added on to the sportsman package. Whatever. It is what it is. I hunt n fish public land. I can't complain.
Horizontal Hunter
500 Club

Unread postby Horizontal Hunter » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:58 pm

Massachusetts sporting license (hunting and fishing) is $45.00. You get two buck tags with your license. An archery stamp (for archery season) is $5.10 and a primitive firearms stamp (for ML season) is also 5.10. Permits (tags) for bear, turkey (two tags), or doe permits are $5.00 each. Doe permits are lottery and by zone. Turkey and Bear are over the counter. All told it costs me $65.10 plus doe tag(s) for the season.

In 2010 Connecticut doubled all hunting and fishing fees. Two weeks before the trout fishing opener they were forced rock roll them back as people stopped buying licenses. I remember reading that there was over a 50% walk out rate when sportsmen and women went into license retailers and were told what the new fees were.

Bob
Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter. :o

Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire
Killemquietly

Unread postby Killemquietly » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:56 pm

I was paying around $100 a year for all forms of hunting, fishing and WMA stamp. About two years ago I took the plunge and bought a lifetime for $500. Now I'm like a kid in the candy's tore every year when the season rolls over. LOOK INTO THOSE LIFETIME LICENSES fellas, they are often cheaper than you think. Now that I have LA covered where I do my public, I lease in Ms (18 minutes from my house, but across state line) $485 Non-res license for sportsman's combo, man I wish they'd come out with a cheap license that would be good for like a 50 mile radius around your residence. That'd be cool.
thwack16
500 Club

Unread postby thwack16 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:27 am

Mississippi sportsman license is $45. Covers 3 bucks, 3 does, 3 gobblers, and all small game. Only thing it doesn't cover is WMA permit ($15) and duck stamps.

I received a lifetime license as a gift before I could walk, think at the time they were $300 if bought before the age of 3. Saves me the sportsman's license and wma permit every year, so $60. I've long since made back the money on that.

I also buy a couple of $20 refuge permits each year.
Jhand
500 Club
Facebook: n/a

Unread postby Jhand » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:36 am

I wish we had a lifetime license but my state doesn't offer one. Would end up saving me money in the long run even if it was $1000. I'm 28 and plan on doing a lot more hunting
Mschmeiske
500 Club
Facebook: Www.facebook.com/mschmeiske

Unread postby Mschmeiske » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:41 am

I think by the time I get my fishing license, archery, regular season and muzzleloader I'm around $100?
Josh_S
500 Club

Unread postby Josh_S » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:56 am

PA is reasonably priced, but our seasons are way too short. A 6 week early archery season and a late season archery for a few weeks after Christmas. Only one buck per season. Plus no Sunday hunting. When you break it down into days we can actually hunt, our price would be high.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”