My Dan Infalt Special Editions

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

<DK>
500 Club

My Dan Infalt Special Editions

Unread postby <DK> » Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:54 am

These are my Dan Infalt special edition work & hunting shoes. I honestly cant remember if iv shared these w you guys yet, I might have posted them in a thread before. Those are holes, that is dog hair and I was able to shoot a buck w the wind in his favor as well as mine last season. All thanks to milkweed!
Early Oct it was my first time into a new public area, one of my better spots, I forgot my hunting boots... The shoes I wore out there werent acceptable for hiking or climbing, luckily I always kept these old things behind the seat. That evening was nuts! I setup in a pinch, between bedding, above a draw to help dump my scent. Then had fawns right under me licking chew spit w a total of 9 deer moving through. Just couldnt get drawn w/o another seeing me. Finally at closing time a bigger buck came thru. I wasnt hunting him, he was a buck using an access trail bed but he looked like something id be happy w. Due to circumstances I was at full draw for awhile and put a bad hit on him... never recovered. On the brightside ~ that was the fastest, most comfortable 1.5 mi walk in ever! The key is dont break a ankle :handgestures-thumbupright:

Anyone have a story or pics? Share em if ya got em

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: My Dan Infalt Special Editions

Unread postby dan » Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:56 am

Did you steal those out of my truck? :lol:
Tufrthnails
500 Club

Unread postby Tufrthnails » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:00 am

:lol: :clap: :clap:
Tuf- The below average hunting beast
JoeRE
500 Club

Unread postby JoeRE » Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:27 am

Those are some fine looking hunting shoes 8-)
Lockdown

Unread postby Lockdown » Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:48 am

I like them!!

I wreaked like cigars when I killed both of my deer last year. Smoked one before I killed the hulk... Literally stood by my truck with my sling over my shoulder, put it out, and off I went. I normally never do that but I was frustrated :lol: so yeah... "Fooled" a 5.5 year old bucks nose!!

I smoked and had a few cigarillo butts in my cattail blind with me when I killed my SD doe at less than 10 yards. Last day of the season in that circumstance, so who cares if I ruin that set up, right?

:D

Honestly I enjoy knowing I stink and killing anyway. I do take caution (by making sure my clothes don't smell like smoke) for stands I plan on hunting again that year.
Lockdown

Unread postby Lockdown » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:05 am

dan wrote:Did you steal those out of my truck? :lol:

Dan you'll have to sign those for him. DK you'll be the envy of the whole forum
Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:32 am

I bet those drain water well! :lol:

The nice thing about using old stuff is you don't really care if they get lost or wrecked.
<DK>
500 Club

Unread postby <DK> » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:03 am

dan wrote:Did you steal those out of my truck? :lol:

Ha! Admit it, you went out and checked to be sure! 8-)

Lockdown wrote:Dan you'll have to sign those for him. DK you'll be the envy of the whole forum

Thanks Lockdown, thats a great idea man. That would be epic! I may have to ask nicely see if he can throw in some pixie dust, maybe that buck will drop next time. :think:

Jackson Marsh wrote:I bet those drain water well! :lol:

The nice thing about using old stuff is you don't really care if they get lost or wrecked.

They sure are some quality items! Id hate to lose them now. Its a new goretex im testing, ill be sure to keep you marsh guys in mind when they go on sale!
<DK>
500 Club

Unread postby <DK> » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:20 am

Here is my new milkweed and thistle pouch. I like how Dan's harness has a pocket to keep his in. Though I don't always find milkweed easily, I'm tired of keeping a chew can full, it can be on me at all times & quickly accessible. A buddy of mine called it Bag-of-Bucks. I added the HB logo for the full effect! :lol: The stuff in it is old but it worked well enough for testing. The best part is this thing can tie off to just about anything. I might add some type of clip as well just incase tying it would be too much movement. :think:
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:24 am

Somewhere buried in my harddrive I have a video of me storing milkweed in my beard and discussing how well that works and how you have it at all times and can just randomly check air currents anywhere, like in a restaurant that seems to have a cold spot near your table, or in a buisness meeting with a guy full of hot air... Anywhere. Just dig a few out of the beard, and walla, your testing currents... And you guys thought my beard was white. :lol: Thats the milk weed clinging to it.
Lockdown

Unread postby Lockdown » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:56 am

dan wrote:Somewhere buried in my harddrive I have a video of me storing milkweed in my beard and discussing how well that works and how you have it at all times and can just randomly check air currents anywhere, like in a restaurant that seems to have a cold spot near your table, or in a buisness meeting with a guy full of hot air... Anywhere. Just dig a few out of the beard, and walla, your testing currents... And you guys thought my beard was white. :lol: Thats the milk weed clinging to it.

:lol: that's good stuff right there
Nocturnal
500 Club

Unread postby Nocturnal » Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:00 am

dan wrote:Somewhere buried in my harddrive I have a video of me storing milkweed in my beard and discussing how well that works and how you have it at all times and can just randomly check air currents anywhere, like in a restaurant that seems to have a cold spot near your table, or in a buisness meeting with a guy full of hot air... Anywhere. Just dig a few out of the beard, and walla, your testing currents... And you guys thought my beard was white. :lol: Thats the milk weed clinging to it.

Hahahaha!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
justdirtyfun
500 Club

Unread postby justdirtyfun » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:52 am

Oh no WAY!!!
You don't have to be the best, just do your best.
<DK>
500 Club

Unread postby <DK> » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:53 am

Challenge accepted! 8-) I dont have a good beard like you to hide it, so i went more w a layering technique. Looks great! I feel confident...One sneeze and I can make it snow. You can probably wiggle the stash and get some to fly :lol: This could be good for the fall guys... I wanna see pics from the stand and milkweed in the beards.
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:04 pm

Think Jay Leno started this trick..
Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”