Midwest whitetail

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

<DK>
500 Club

Re: Midwest whitetail

Unread postby <DK> » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:05 pm

JoeRE wrote:For anyone looking for more stuff to watch on MWW check out their shows from when they started - 2008, 2009, 2010. That was before the deer farming craze fully set in I have watched some of those old episodes several times over the years and Bill's stuff was more interesting. The irony is it seemed like he had more encounters with bigger deer each season before devoting his main effort to growing them and leaving them undisturbed at all costs :think: The G4 buck happened, which was a pretty cool story, but Bill hasn't been the same since.

The public land content is gold. I look forward to whatever else they decide to try in coming seasons!

Thanks I found the archives! Let the binge watching begin
http://www.midwestwhitetail.com/videos/ ... tetail-tv/

<DK>
500 Club

Unread postby <DK> » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:19 pm

Grasshopper

Unread postby Grasshopper » Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:39 am

I've followed them for years now. I still can't get enough of it. Although the last few years Bill seems to be in a rut. I think the ehd killed a lot of deer on his farm and in turn he doesn't have the bucks there to target that he would like to. I'd love to see him get off the farm and get outside his comfort zone a bit, because he is an intelligent person and great hunter, but I think he has so much invested in his property that he can't mentally justify not being there. This past season he made pretty quick work of his two top hit list bucks plus a third one, and made it look easy. The season that he hunted the same blind day in day out for "lucky" was painful to watch. Aaron, Zach, Greg, and the rest of the public land crew definitely took the show to the next level. I also like watching Jared Mills he tends to stay mobile and hunts smart. Last year he was doing a lot of observation sits in places that he could still have opportunities and it paid off.
tgreeno
500 Club

Unread postby tgreeno » Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:03 am

They do have great content! Alot of great information for the midwest public land hunter. One of the only sights I follow anymore.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it an remove all doubt
Octang
500 Club

Unread postby Octang » Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:46 am

I agree! I've been known to lose an afternoon of work to their videos! I feel very blessed to have stumbled on them, as well as Dan of course, and this forum. For years I've been frustrated with hunting videos all being out-of-reach, unrealistic hunting setups that are nothing like I will ever experience unless I win the lottery. It is a breath of fresh air to find videos showing real-world hunting for the rest of us!
blizzardhunter
500 Club

Unread postby blizzardhunter » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:55 am

I guess that's the big thing with these guys. The young guys are smart, work hard, and just seek like normal guys. It's how I imagine a lot of people on here are. I will definitely be watching the old shows.
Brob93
Facebook: Benjamin Robinson

Unread postby Brob93 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:25 am

While watching MW on YouTube the other day, I noticed they have a new channel called MW Daily:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClPYtg ... KDvzQg5D5w
I think it's a brand new channel they put up. It has all of last years' public land blogs as well as Greg and Bill's so far.
Looking forward to following what the public crew is up to this year!
SMS79

Unread postby SMS79 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:21 am

Nelson87 wrote:Aaron's podcast with Dan was how I found the beast. I almost didn't even listen to it at first- I mean, this guy is talking about finding buck beds and everyone knows deer just bed randomly, right? :lol:

That was a year ago, and since then I've managed to find a few beds myself. 8-)

Same story here. I'd never heard of Dan or the Beast before Aaron mentioned them and then did the podcast. Btw, Aaron, I owe you many thanks for that!

The two main things I love about MW are:
1. Like the Hunting Beast, MW is geared toward helping and educating other hunters
2. If you notice all the different story lines on MW, there's a situation for almost everyone...large managed private, small managed private, private by permission, family farms, public, etc.

To anyone who's new to MW, I'd also recommend checking out Season 1 of Chasing November (released last summer). IMHO, it does a great job of following those different story lines through their seasons...the ups and the downs. MW has posted that Season 2 is due to be released in a few weeks. I'm pumped! :L: :dance:
<DK>
500 Club

Unread postby <DK> » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:44 am

Would you guys be interested in MW ringtone or text tone? Iv been trying to figure out how to "and NIKON!" as my text sound in high quality. Pretty sure I got it figured out... Right now i have the entire opening credits as my ringtone / "and NIKON" as my text. I gotta say its pretty sweet!!! :dance:

If anyone is interested I need to know how to share something like that w others?
mainebowhunter
500 Club

Unread postby mainebowhunter » Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:04 am

Bill Winke is 100% class act in my book.
nor' easter

Unread postby nor' easter » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:25 pm

I just found these guys from the beast member podcast thread. I have listened to the podcasts with dan and Joe so far. The Midwest whitetail guys seem pretty knowledgeable and still humble. I will have to check out their videos, but so far I am impressed. They seem to be outside of the mainstream "whitetail industry" shows.
hunter10
500 Club

Unread postby hunter10 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:48 pm

What are some of the favourite public hunt shows called
blizzardhunter
500 Club

Unread postby blizzardhunter » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:40 pm

They are definitely not main stream hunting. Its entertaining and informative at the same time. This past week i had to drive 2 hrs each way to work in nashville Wed - Fri. I listened to a podcast each time. Joe and Dans podcasts were great. The one Joe did about patterning bucks off tracks was my favourite. A lot of guys on here talk about using tracks but that's the first time I've heard someone go in detail about it.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”