Linemans belt rope

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Blinginpse

Linemans belt rope

Unread postby Blinginpse » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:16 am

I want to get away from the strap with my safety harness and get a rope and carabiner to make it quieter and easier for when I hand stands and sticks. I seen Zack aaronmw hunting partner had one while back while watching a show and seen a few other YouTube videos Around with them. Where can I find them and what u prefer? I have 1 for my treesaddle that I tie off with but I prefer to leave it with my saddle

tgreeno
500 Club

Re: Linemans belt rope

Unread postby tgreeno » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:57 am

Here's what I use, but I replaced the prusic knot with a ropeman acender.

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product ... aQodQ1IJyQ
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it an remove all doubt
Blinginpse

Unread postby Blinginpse » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:54 pm

Perfect thanks
flinginairos
500 Club

Unread postby flinginairos » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:14 pm

I prefer Yale Bandit over the HSS rope myself. The cover is more durable and you can splice it. Treestuff.com has it for around .75/foot. I use it for my tether while saddle hunting and it makes a good lineman rope as well with a Ropeman1 for adjustment.
Blinginpse

Unread postby Blinginpse » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:44 am

Pm sent
Aaron1987
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/aaron.warbritton.3

Unread postby Aaron1987 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:32 am

Blinginpse wrote:I want to get away from the strap with my safety harness and get a rope and carabiner to make it quieter and easier for when I hand stands and sticks. I seen Zack aaronmw hunting partner had one while back while watching a show and seen a few other YouTube videos Around with them. Where can I find them and what u prefer? I have 1 for my treesaddle that I tie off with but I prefer to leave it with my saddle

The one we use comes with the Muddy Safeguard harness I'm pretty sure. It's very handy. One of the few products we use each time we go to the woods.
docwaters

Unread postby docwaters » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:00 am

I use the Hunter's Safety System rope style for my harness and as a lineman's belt. I carry two of them, so I'm always connected.
Bigb
500 Club

Unread postby Bigb » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:29 pm

Posted a reply in your other thread.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Muddy-Th ... lsrc=aw.ds
Blinginpse

Unread postby Blinginpse » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:44 pm

Bigb I found that. Looks like muddy themselves have them for 15$ but currently out. Dicks has them at 19$ too.

Thanks guys
Ravenhunter

Unread postby Ravenhunter » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:30 pm

Built my own with climbing static rope and climbing carabiners. I also use an ascender not a pursic Knot. Check out tbwpodcast YouTube for directions. That's the linemans belt I made. Love it. Much lighter than any commercial ones plus the static rope doesn't absorb water.
Longbow with a pointy stick
Hunting is Conservation
Tennhunter3
500 Club

Unread postby Tennhunter3 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:38 pm

I use a Prusik Rope from Gm Climbing.

Its 8mm and a black diamond aluminum carbinder attached to my black diamond rock climbing harness.

I would never go back to a hunter safety system too heavy too loud and uncomfortable.

My safety gear weighs slightly over a pound the hunter safety system steel carbinder by itself weighs that much.
Never give up Freedom for imagined safety.
tgreeno
500 Club

Unread postby tgreeno » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:04 am

Yes I forgot to mention, I also use a rock climbing harness and aluminum carbinders to save weight.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it an remove all doubt
Jonny
500 Club

Unread postby Jonny » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:27 am

tgreeno wrote:Yes I forgot to mention, I also use a rock climbing harness and aluminum carbinders to save weight.

X2. One auto locking carabiner (bit overkill) and one wire biner within the ascender. I find the HSS rope to be perfect length for a linemans belt. Not too long where you have rope everywhere, but not too short where it doesn't work.

I made my own tether that also has an ascender on it. Used 11mm static rope from REI, and a really really big aluminum biner. I like the wide opening for attaching to my rock climbing harness
You have a monkey Mr. Munson?
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:01 am

docwaters wrote:I use the Hunter's Safety System rope style for my harness and as a lineman's belt. I carry two of them, so I'm always connected.

Same here. Works perfect for me.

Originally LW's came the same rope harness but it was smaller diameter. I really liked how compact they were for packing. Only complaint I have about the HSS and Summit pruisic ropes is they are pretty bulky. Not really much of an issue since I use them on my stand when packing in and out to cinch everything tight.
docwaters

Unread postby docwaters » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:11 am

Dewey wrote:
docwaters wrote:I use the Hunter's Safety System rope style for my harness and as a lineman's belt. I carry two of them, so I'm always connected.

Same here. Works perfect for me.

Originally LW's came the same rope harness but it was smaller diameter. I really liked how compact they were for packing. Only complaint I have about the HSS and Summit pruisic ropes is they are pretty bulky. Not really much of an issue since I use them on my stand when packing in and out to cinch everything tight.

Thanks, great idea to cross utilize the ropes for attaching my pack to my stand!

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”