Linemans belt rope

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Blinginpse

Linemans belt rope

Unread postby Blinginpse » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:15 am

I want to get away from the strap with my safety harness and get a rope and carabiner to make it quieter and easier for when I hand stands and sticks. I seen Zack aaronmw hunting partner had one while back while watching a show and seen a few other YouTube videos Around with them. Where can I find them and what u prefer? I have 1 for my treesaddle that I tie off with but I prefer to leave it with my saddle

ThePreBanMan
500 Club

Re: Linemans belt rope

Unread postby ThePreBanMan » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:56 pm

I use the HSS rope trees trap as a lineman's belt. Works well enough. This year I think I'll make my own though. Maybe use an ascender as opposed to the prusik knot too.

I think your thread is a dupe...

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=40571
Jonny
500 Club

Unread postby Jonny » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:06 pm

11mm static rope, a wild county ropeman ascender and 2 aluminum carabiners. Overhand knot for one carabiner and use the ropeman/biner on the other end. If you have a HSS rope, it works well with an ascender as well. Thats what I have for my linemans belt. Just tossed the prussic and biner that came with it and added an ascender and 2 biners.

I have mine set up to be interchangeable with my tether. I start climbing with my linemans belt, and can use my tether as a second belt. Alternate between the 2 as needed for branches. When you get to the top, use the one not in use as your tether. You can get away with smaller rope, but I don't see any gain in not being able to use my belt as a tether. I just strap them to my stand when I walk out
You have a monkey Mr. Munson?
Bigb
500 Club

Unread postby Bigb » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:28 pm

I used the HSS for years and started having some issues with it. Switched to this one because it's easier to adjust on the fly and in the tree.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Muddy-Th ... lsrc=aw.ds

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”