OOS Redemption Planning

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

BA-IV

OOS Redemption Planning

Unread postby BA-IV » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:32 am

NEVER to early start planning Redemption! I made my first OOS hunt last year, and its the first year I got serious into bowhunting, and botched my opportunity at a mature buck on Illinois Public. I have and continue to relive that moment constantly and its eating me alive. I have attached two maps, and it shows where I missed the buck at, but I saw ALOT of deer activity on the West side of the road. I never hunted the East side of the public but did scout it and I feel like that cedar thicket by the CRP field is going to be the ticket based of some of the sign. How would yall hunt that CRP and Cedar thicket bedding? I only hunted that ridge towards the end of my hunt, and luckily got a North wind coming out and hunted the ridge accordingly. But that cedar thicket is giving me fits right beside the CRP field. I don't wanna blow my chances and mess up an area on the first day. I'm sure that cut corn field is going to be money as well like clockwork.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”