HECS suit?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Southern Man
500 Club

Re: HECS suit?

Unread postby Southern Man » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:43 pm

One of the guys that works for me bought one. I thought I taught him better than that. We're all still laughing.....
You Can't Argue With A Sick Mind
Wlog
500 Club

Unread postby Wlog » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:03 am

Maybe it would up your odds, who knows, I'm no scientist. It kind of seems like an oxymoron to use a bunch of different gadgets to fool a deer but then limit your weapon to a bow. The idea of bow hunting to me is to limit my advantage over the deer. Why not just use a rifle?

Everyone is left to draw their own lines. It's a free country. But for me it's just not something I think I need or want.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:24 am

Well put. In my case let's say it did work 100%. Why the heck would u wanna use it? That's like sitting in a shoot through oxygen tent to take any form of actual hunting out of it. U can ask anyone with a fair amount of heads on the wall why they have them. And they will tell u there trophies representing the challenge of the hunt. If that's the case why does it seem like a majority are always trying to make things easier.. ITS SUPPOSE TO BE HARD!!!! That's the challenge part
Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-
Horizontal Hunter
500 Club

Unread postby Horizontal Hunter » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:54 am

nor' easter wrote: I don't believe that it's a guys electromagnetic field that gets him busted, it's moving, fidgeting, coughing, sneezing, farting, and scent blowing towards an animal that you want to watch out for.

X2

Where exactly does the EMF go?

If you really want to use it as a Faraday cage it needs to be grounded with a 6' copper rod.

Bob
Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter. :o

Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:33 am

Boogieman1 wrote:Well put. In my case let's say it did work 100%. Why the heck would u wanna use it? That's like sitting in a shoot through oxygen tent to take any form of actual hunting out of it. U can ask anyone with a fair amount of heads on the wall why they have them. And they will tell u there trophies representing the challenge of the hunt. If that's the case why does it seem like a majority are always trying to make things easier.. ITS SUPPOSE TO BE HARD!!!! That's the challenge part

I completely agree. Unfortunately many think easier always means better. If they invented something that gaurantees to defeat every single sense of a whitetail I would never use it. Just wouldn't feel right to me. Sure we can fool them by playing the wind or blending in with good camo but I believe the deer still have the upper hand and want to keep it that way.
Rich M
500 Club

Unread postby Rich M » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:39 am

For what it is worth. My wife's doctor says they work.
Jrichard
Facebook: Rhode Island

Unread postby Jrichard » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:43 am

Dewey wrote:
Boogieman1 wrote:Well put. In my case let's say it did work 100%. Why the heck would u wanna use it? That's like sitting in a shoot through oxygen tent to take any form of actual hunting out of it. U can ask anyone with a fair amount of heads on the wall why they have them. And they will tell u there trophies representing the challenge of the hunt. If that's the case why does it seem like a majority are always trying to make things easier.. ITS SUPPOSE TO BE HARD!!!! That's the challenge part

I completely agree. Unfortunately many think easier always means better. If they invented something that gaurantees to defeat every single sense of a whitetail I would never use it. Just wouldn't feel right to me. Sure we can fool them by playing the wind or blending in with good camo but I believe the deer still have the upper hand and want to keep it that way.

Think about it this way. If it truly fools a deer's nose, or knocks out all of its senses don't you think it would be illegal? The point of hunting is to thin the herds, not decimate them. Like others had said before if fool proof hunting was allowed, we would be allowed to hunt over bait in every state. We would be able to use high powered rifles, muzzle loaders, or shot guns for extended periods of time (like the length of bow season Sept. 15 - January 31st here in RI). Rather than limiting them to the few weeks a year we are allowed.

I also compare it to cancer research. Why do you really think that they haven't released a cure for cancer? All those people researching it would be out of jobs. It would put a hurting on the economy. So even if they had the cure they wouldn't be likely to put it out. Same with a fool proof suit. No one else's scent lok would be used. No one else would need scent killer spray. Tons of companies would lose money. And deer would be non existent.

Like everyone else, I like the challenge thats why I hunt :) People think deer are so defenseless. Up until the point that they go out and try to harvest one themselves.

Save your money and try to enjoy the adventure. Lets play a game of chess. I will play with all pawns and a king. You can have all queens and a king. I may lose 99/100 matches but it would be exciting every time we played. I love being the underdog ;)
Rich M
500 Club

Unread postby Rich M » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:56 am

I had to respond to this.

Many folks buy their trophies at game farms and on guided hunts. If it makes them happy...

Hunting doesn't have to be an all consuming challenge.
Wlog
500 Club

Unread postby Wlog » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:12 am

Rich M wrote:

Many folks buy their trophies at game farms and on guided hunts. If it makes them happy...

This kinda goes back to "different strokes for different folks." There is plenty of people doing canned hunts. That's up to the individual. Not that I agree with them but it doesn't matter if I agree. Everyone is left to make their own choices.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:20 am

Wlog wrote:
Rich M wrote:

This kinda goes back to "different strokes for different folks." There is plenty of people doing canned hunts. That's up to the individual. Not that I agree with them but it doesn't matter if I agree. Everyone is left to make their own choices.

I agree about the canned hunts. See a lot of those mounts in doctors offices. How come bass fishing is a popular sport why doesn't anyone stock ponds with giants not feed em for afew days then let the"serious" anglers buy, I mean catch there prize so they can hang it up and show there buddies what a greAt angler they are. I might be onto something here!!!!
-John Wayne-
mheichelbech
500 Club
Facebook: mheichelbech@gmail.com

Unread postby mheichelbech » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:04 pm

I see the question about the Hecs suit posted every few months it seems, and the follow on responses are always the same. Most make comments are about metal hats, aliens, etc. while offering zero proof it doesn't work. A couple posters, as in 1 or 2 will step out and say it worked for them and then they are immediately pounced on like a bag of crack in the west end of Louisville. A couple others posters may jump in offering detailed scientific data showing that either it will or won't work. Either way I've never been able to understand that gobbledegook.

I don't think I have ever seen anyone that used one say they didn't notice a difference!

I say we should all chip in and buy a few suits for some of the best well known hunters on here to try. We already know they would be skeptics, so if they said they did notice some kind of difference it would be believable. If they said it made no difference, I respect them enough to believe that too. I don't know for sure but I think Hecs has a money back guarantee....

As for me, I honestly don't think I would be able to tell if it made a difference or not because no hunt is ever the same.
"One of the chief attractions of the life of the wilderness is its rugged and stalwart democracy; there every man stands for what he actually is and can show himself to be." — Theodore Roosevelt, 1893
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:45 pm

mheichelbech wrote:I see the question about the Hecs suit posted every few months it seems, and the follow on responses are always the same. Most make comments are about metal hats, aliens, etc. while offering zero proof it doesn't work. A couple posters, as in 1 or 2 will step out and say it worked for them and then they are immediately pounced on like a bag of crack in the west end of Louisville. A couple others posters may jump in offering detailed scientific data showing that either it will or won't work. Either way I've never been able to understand that gobbledegook.

I don't think I have ever seen anyone that used one say they didn't notice a difference!

I say we should all chip in and buy a few suits for some of the best well known hunters on here to try. We already know they would be skeptics, so if they said they did notice some kind of difference it would be believable. If they said it made no difference, I respect them enough to believe that too. I don't know for sure but I think Hecs has a money back guarantee....

As for me, I honestly don't think I would be able to tell if it made a difference or not because no hunt is ever the same.

If it's the same as tin foil can u cook a bake potato in it? Just curious I wanna try
-John Wayne-

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”