Parallel trail question.

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Boogieman1
500 Club

Parallel trail question.

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:51 am

Spent yesterday eve reading the parallel trail thread good stuff. I somehow picture Dan and Stanley trying not to pull there hair out. I mean no disrespect to anyone more as a complement on how far a lot of u guys have come it was a old thread. Only fools refuse to learn from someone!!! Anyhow I've hunted a parallel trails b4 but always where it passed through a trap kill 2 birds with one stone kinda thing. But I love trying something new out of my comfort zone from the educational photos and you guys descriptions I would like to say how I interpreted it and would hunt it. And maybe one of you guys tell me if I am on the right track. First off most my properties are small and it doesn't take much b4 the gig is up so I stack my odds best I can b4 I move in. In my case it would be a eve hunt do to the fact I know myself and waiting until after daylight to move in is not a option. I don't have the will power, sitting in the tree watching the light reveal the forest floor with anticipation of what's to come is my fav part. Anyhow eve hunt when wind direction puts parallel trail as well as downwind side doe bedding on the same side seems to make most sense to me. Stealth entry though field wind in face blowing away from any deer or bedding.

Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-
headgear
500 Club

Re: Parallel trail question.

Unread postby headgear » Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:12 pm

Boogieman1 wrote: I know myself and waiting until after daylight to move in is not a option. I don't have the will power, sitting in the tree watching the light reveal the forest floor with anticipation of what's to come is my fav part.

You have to be willing to change if things are not working for you, if they are just do what you do but if they aren't you have to be willing to change. For some people that means different things but to quote you "that is not an option" should be used rarely when it comes to deer hunting, especially if others are doing the same thing and making it work. Not trying to rip on you at all, just pointing out something I see as potentially holding you back, there are plenty of real life examples on here of going in at first light and setting up and getting it done, if you go in too early and sometimes you spook the deer, slip in a bit later and you can get in undetected, you have to be willing to do whatever it takes. ;)
Boogieman1
500 Club

Re: Parallel trail question.

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:53 pm

You have to be willing to change if things are not working for you, if they are just do what you do but if they aren't you have to be willing to change. For some people that means different things but to quote you "that is not an option" should be used rarely when it comes to deer hunting, especially if others are doing the same thing and making it work. Not trying to rip on you at all, just pointing out something I see as potentially holding you back, there are plenty of real life examples on here of going in at first light and setting up and getting it done, if you go in too early and sometimes you spook the deer, slip in a bit later and you can get in undetected, you have to be willing to do whatever it takes. ;)[/quote]
Headgear u r correction about my use of word not a option. Last resort would have been a better choice of words. I see how going in after first light can be very productive it's just I'm not wired to think that way. I'm more of a find a way in type guy. Via training em, boat, getting permission on diff property whatever it takes. There's no wrong way in my eyes if it produces results. That's the beauty of hunting everyone has diff ways of reaching a common goal.
Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”