Any strong preference Lone Wolf Assault or Alpha?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Boogieman1
500 Club

Re: Any strong preference Lone Wolf Assault or Alpha?

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:55 pm

Do apologize if I spread incorrect info just going off of what I was told and as I stated I don't use eithier. But I don't wanna misinform anyone out there eithier so I make sure I have the facts b4 I chime in again.

Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-
DeerDylan
500 Club

Unread postby DeerDylan » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:47 pm

Boogieman1 wrote:Do apologize if I spread incorrect info just going off of what I was told and as I stated I don't use eithier. But I don't wanna misinform anyone out there eithier so I make sure I have the facts b4 I chime in again.

No worries boogie! :handgestures-thumbup:
JakeB
500 Club

Unread postby JakeB » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:54 pm

I think it mostly comes down to just how big a guy are ya?

I only wear size 10 boots, so the assault has plenty enough room for me.
rbuck

Unread postby rbuck » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:27 am

I have an alpha. The stand is comfortable and easy to hang. I've had it about 10 years.

Last year I wanted to buy a Vanish XT but they took too long to release them to the public. I wound up buying a Millenium m100u. The stand is super light and easy to hang. The seat is also very comfortable. The problem is my sticks don't pack well with it and also you're restricted to fairly straight trees. The millenium would be great in a situation where you can have pre-set stand locations. You can just keep your sticks and the receiver in the tree and move the stand from location to location. But, I hunt mostly public so that's out.

So, I'm in the market again for another stand. I'm either going to buy the Vanish XT or a LW Assault. The alpha is great but I like the idea of a slightly smaller platform, especially when it comes to hanging the thing and maneuvering it around branches and brush while hanging. So I just need to decide if another LW is worth an extra $100.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”