Great Morning walk today!

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Chasman

Great Morning walk today!

Unread postby Chasman » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:13 pm

I recently moved away from my primary hunting ground and have not been there since gun season. Was going to bowhunt this weekend but time was slim, so I did not bring gear. Went for a walk this morning to see what was going on and after walk I wish I would have hunted. Long story short, I seen 9 deer total, including a nice 2.5 yr old buck chasing a doe and grunting. The best part was 5 of the deer including the buck chasing doe happend less than 20yds from me. After bumping 3 does and around 30 turkeys out of a small plot of standing corn we have, I watched 4 deer coming across open field running into our woods. I ran into woods to a trail I thought they would take and yes they did. Pretty much ran right into me. All does, I thought that was cool and really did not want to continue walk because I thought I would just push them out again. Standing there pondering, I seen movement and here comes this doe running at me and to a great surprise a 8pt hounding her and grunting. He stopped dead in his tracks about 15 yds from me stared for an instant and went back down trail. Doe hung around, I snapped a few phone pics and smiled. In that instant, my passion for this sport was reinforced once again. No bow, no kill, and could not have been happier.

BackWoodsHunter
500 Club

Re: Great Morning walk today!

Unread postby BackWoodsHunter » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:23 pm

That's what it's all about. In the modern world of hunting I feel there is too much emphasis on horns and killing. I am content just getting away from responsibility and life's headaches and relaxing in a tree, or on the ground, away from reality. It's almost like I don't exist nothing in the world knows I'm there and I like it. To me the kills are just the added bonus and the real trophy at the end of a day in the woods are the stories that are created through encounters such as yours.
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind." Fred Bear
Wrinkleneck
500 Club

Unread postby Wrinkleneck » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:34 pm

I here ya that sounds like a great walk to me!!!
Black Squirrel
500 Club

Unread postby Black Squirrel » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:45 pm

8-)
76chevy
500 Club

Unread postby 76chevy » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:24 am

awesome!!

nothing like time in the woods scouting or hunting....
". . . there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun." --Fred Bear
DevinJD2007
500 Club

Unread postby DevinJD2007 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:18 am

Sounds like a great walk! 8-)
huntinnurse
500 Club

Unread postby huntinnurse » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:56 am

Just being able to be out there to see what nature does naturally is a great day afield. Sounds refreshing!!!!!
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.John 3:16 KJV
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:00 pm

Cool. 8-)
Stuart
500 Club

Unread postby Stuart » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:08 am

8-)

• Advertisement