Lone Wolf hand climber??

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Brandon
500 Club

Re: Lone Wolf hand climber??

Unread postby Brandon » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:20 am

wappkid wrote:I found these on Ebay. Does the price look to high? And they only come in Desert Camo.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Lone-Wolf-TreeStand ... 941wt_1139

yes, seeing as how the guy above got them for a lot cheaper... from the same place. your link is a MOLLE pack, you dont need no stinkin dvd...

claw straps are the best gun slings around... id recommend them for your turkey gun, or any gun for that matter... never thought about using them for treestands?

any pics of your molle system yet chevy76?

You can't kill em on the couch
76chevy
500 Club

Unread postby 76chevy » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:08 am

not yet, they are a bit slow to arrive from ebay....on their way now

I will get some pics once I get it all put together...

Brandon wrote:
wappkid wrote:I found these on Ebay. Does the price look to high? And they only come in Desert Camo.

yes, seeing as how the guy above got them for a lot cheaper... from the same place. your link is a MOLLE pack, you dont need no stinkin dvd...

claw straps are the best gun slings around... id recommend them for your turkey gun, or any gun for that matter... never thought about using them for treestands?

any pics of your molle system yet chevy76?
". . . there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun." --Fred Bear
76chevy
500 Club

Unread postby 76chevy » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:10 am

you can get them a lot cheaper than that

you need the

MOLLE shoulder straps

MOLLE waist belt

". . . there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun." --Fred Bear
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:39 am

I have been seriously considering upgrading my current backpack straps (cheap) to the molle system (shoulder straps + waist belt). Is this the best option? Or is there a better option?
DropTyne
500 Club

Unread postby DropTyne » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:33 pm

I use the claw straps as well. I have been using them for years, comfortable, quiet, simple, and stick well to your shoulders, plus when your up in a tree it doesn't look like there is 80 lbs of Spanish moss hanging off the bottom like with the Molle system

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
DROPTYNE

"Obsessed is a Word the Lazy Use to Describe the Dedicated"
Zap

Unread postby Zap » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:19 pm

BassBoysLLP wrote:I have been seriously considering upgrading my current backpack straps (cheap) to the molle system (shoulder straps + waist belt). Is this the best option? Or is there a better option?

An alice pack frame is pretty comfortable....hose clamp it to the bottom.
"Forged in fire lit long ago. Stand next to me and you will never stand alone".
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:37 pm

DropTyne wrote:I use the claw straps as well. I have been using them for years, comfortable, quiet, simple, and stick well to your shoulders, plus when your up in a tree it doesn't look like there is 80 lbs of Spanish moss hanging off the bottom like with the Molle system

[ Post made via iPad ] Image

That is my biggest fear with the molle system. . .80 lbs of spanish moss creating additional movement in the tree. I've looked at the claw straps. I can't question their comfort. I have guns with claw slings. Its more about the best system to hike 2 miles in hill country (lone wolf alpha + 4-6 sticks).
Zap

Unread postby Zap » Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:05 pm

Zap wrote:
BassBoysLLP wrote:I have been seriously considering upgrading my current backpack straps (cheap) to the molle system (shoulder straps + waist belt). Is this the best option? Or is there a better option?

An alice pack frame is pretty comfortable....hose clamp it to the bottom.

"Forged in fire lit long ago. Stand next to me and you will never stand alone".

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”