You get 5 things...

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Konk

Re: You get 5 things...

Unread postby Konk » Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:42 am

Water, headlamp, range finder, grunt call, Bow hanger.

Don't get good cell service where I hunt, so I tell someone where I'll be and leave the phone in the truck.

Member: Wisconsin Bowhunters Association
NorthStar
500 Club

Unread postby NorthStar » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:57 am

I don’t mean to hijack this thread but for those of you that listed water/something to drink, I am curious if anyone has any creative tips around this? I water bottle just seems too much of a hassle to me if I am not going to be carrying a pack.
“The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.”
‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭12:27‬ ‭NIV‬‬
<DK>
500 Club

Unread postby <DK> » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:22 am

NorthStar wrote:I don’t mean to hijack this thread but for those of you that listed water/something to drink, I am curious if anyone has any creative tips around this? I water bottle just seems too much of a hassle to me if I am not going to be carrying a pack.

I use a water bladder but I just found out that they make tactical sized ones. Im getting one! Probably not paying that price though... Ill have to do some research.

https://www.amazon.com/Source-Tactical- ... J574Y&th=1
Primetime41

Unread postby Primetime41 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:37 am

NorthStar wrote:I don’t mean to hijack this thread but for those of you that listed water/something to drink, I am curious if anyone has any creative tips around this? I water bottle just seems too much of a hassle to me if I am not going to be carrying a pack.

https://www.platy.com/bottles-storage-1 ... ftbottle-3
MN_DeerHunter
500 Club

Unread postby MN_DeerHunter » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:41 am

Im like you I think it is a major hassle. If im going for just an evening hunt I will just chug a large nalgene worth of water before I head out so I dont have to bring anything. I have thought about getting a camelback but just havent had enough ambition to look into them seriously.
bowfreak8
500 Club

Unread postby bowfreak8 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:12 am

I'd bring Water, cell phone, grunt call, Rope, and a knife.
NorthStar
500 Club

Unread postby NorthStar » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:24 am

I actually have a camelback. I think I just going to stick with the camelback pack. Its a super small pack with only one pouch. I still feel like I can be a minimalist with carrying it. I just cant imagine going in without water. There are times when I end up moving my stand multiple times during a hunt and I get thirsty. When I get thirsty, I get uncomfortable and when I am uncomfortable, I lose focus.
“The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.”
‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭12:27‬ ‭NIV‬‬
keepthefevercalls

Unread postby keepthefevercalls » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:20 am

Water, food, knife, milkweed, phone.
Hook's Custom Calls Pro-Staff

Romans 3:24
Tennhunter3
500 Club

Unread postby Tennhunter3 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:56 am

Snake boots ,Knife , Milkweed' Phone and Flashlight.

Snake boots are number one I would never hunt without them. Having been struck twice im a magnet for reptiles.
Never give up Freedom for imagined safety.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”